eBay To Block Sale of E-Bikes

Good - lots of them are dangerous in terms of speed, charging packs etc
Bad - who on earth are they to tell people what they can/can't sell. Unless it's against the law?
Ugly - they will still set people's houses on fire and kill the occupants.

I work opposite a Greggs (gawd I'm getting fat!) and the amount of dodgy just eat and deliveroo Ebikes that stream past. Plus there's now a fair few 50mph+ ebikers sometimes wheelying down St. James Road, Northampton

Whilst on holiday, there were plenty of Ebikes but they had registration plates

Less cars on the road which is a good thing but those that misbehave amplify the issue making the subject more visible to the frothy mouthed (like cycling in general)

There's a McD's in Sheff.. (hard to believe i know) the tram runs past the entrance.. all the Deliveroo guys turn up to collect orders and leave their e-bikes piled up on the tracks, it's not uncommon to see 10 or more, the red faced tram drivers get out and just angrily launch them off the tracks..

I've been blocked a couple of times buying goods from Japanese auction sites.. first time was a set of bonsai sheers, bladed object and such.. second time was a CD called Missile & Chocolate, made me laugh that they thought i was trying to import a missile 😁.. and more so that someone thought it necessary to program the word 'missile' as a trigger.. like buying missiles from Yahoo Auctions is a regular occurrence

There's a McD's in Sheff.. (hard to believe i know) the tram runs past the entrance.. all the Deliveroo guys turn up to collect orders and leave their e-bikes piled up on the tracks, it's not uncommon to see 10 or more, the red faced tram drivers get out and just angrily launch them off the tracks..

I've been blocked a couple of times buying goods from Japanese auction sites.. first time was a set of bonsai sheers, bladed object and such.. second time was a CD called Missile & Chocolate, made me laugh that they thought i was trying to import a missile 😁.. and more so that someone thought it necessary to program the word 'missile' as a trigger.. like buying missiles from Yahoo Auctions is a regular occurrence
don't you get the pop up as you place your order about cheap missiles? oh dear, I might go clean my computer...... :)

bad jokes are still jokes.

Because It's their sales platform
Haha😊, that is a very good point and one I overlooked when I typed my 2p worth, what I really think is why? Is this geared towards their new free to sell idea? Is this just the beginning and ultimately they will roll out the rule over other categories too? So more people will have to register as businesses and pay fees after all?

I work opposite a Greggs (gawd I'm getting fat!) and the amount of dodgy just eat and deliveroo Ebikes that stream past. Plus there's now a fair few 50mph+ ebikers sometimes wheelying down St. James Road, Northampton

Whilst on holiday, there were plenty of Ebikes but they had registration plates

Less cars on the road which is a good thing but those that misbehave amplify the issue making the subject more visible to the frothy mouthed (like cycling in general)
A lot of the bristol deliveroo+others riders don't have the right paperwork to work in the uk, and are working for a third party who "owns" the account.
One guy told he he was paid £2.50 an hour.

Few of the (cheap or illegal) ebike riders would be driving a car.
Because It's their sales platform
And if it turns out the item was advertised as new or has no uk/eu type approval, but is from a seller with no liability insurance, eBay might actually be liable for something.

Haha😊, that is a very good point and one I overlooked when I typed my 2p worth, what I really think is why? Is this geared towards their new free to sell idea? Is this just the beginning and ultimately they will roll out the rule over other categories too? So more people will have to register as businesses and pay fees after all?
cynic. :)

money to nothing you'll be able to buy cheap e bike kits on there still.
there will be a court case out there somewhere that's behind this.

Latest posts

Back