East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

Thank you everyone. Phil and I hit the pines this morning for a bit of a mud fest and the new bike felt great!

Have a good weekend everyone!

It was a greast ride on saturday Mat thankyou, I was sad when we had to call it a day.

Oh and the bike you where ridding was ok, shame they are so common and heavy, mind you that twig took it's toll on the beast, and spat you off like a rag doll.
:p

Thinking out aloud here, but all comments welcome:

I've been avoiding stripping the Vs, levers and shifters off the Pace in order to put them on the Mongoose, mainly because they work so well, and the Pace seems to have become a really nice day-ride bike.
Maguras and Pace seem a natural fit and they were bought specifically for it, however they are early '90s and the Pace is a '96. Maguras also demand separate shifters, and Deore thumbies were intended, although Suntour thumbies could be used if I reclaim them from Carol's Fire Mountain. So the intention was Pace with Maguras and thumbies and Mongoose with V's and shifter/levers combo.
This puts 'out of period' kit on both bikes. :?

I've decided to leave the Pace as it is :D and fit the Maguras and thumbies on the Mongoose. Both bikes stay period correct. The flouro yellow will look great with the black frame and I think Harrycrumb runs Amp forks with Maguras, so hopefully there shouldn't be a problem with stress on the forks.

:D :D feeling better now.

its good to talk... :roll:
I am thrilled to bits that they will be period correct :)
its a pet hate to see four bolt chainrings and v`s on older machinery but I guess its just the evolution of the bikes ownership over time :(

Back