Drop bar add ons for flats....what do you think of these ?

personally I'd have thought something like this would be a better option if you want lots of handlebar positions. (as used by Mark Baumont on his world ride), it's even got a mirror :).
Butterfly-Trekking-Handlebar-for-Bicycle-Touring.jpg
On the subject of the mirror, they work best when mounts as far out as possible, I note he has the mirror on a stalk here which would make it work well, with my setup the mirror goes right on the bar end on those superwide bars and works really well too, I wouldnt be without a mirror now, they are great (as previously discussed)

Yea finishing touches to be added this afternoon, I just needed to be sure the concept worked for me before all those touches
Also some good news, I think I have managed to agree a 3 day working week, so plenty of time to get ready for the Dartmoor Classic, I generally train alone and because its on my doorstep, I will ride the entire route at least once before the day, I can also practice all the big climbs.....exciting

Also some good news, I think I have managed to agree a 3 day working week, so plenty of time to get ready for the Dartmoor Classic, I generally train alone and because its on my doorstep, I will ride the entire route at least once before the day, I can also practice all the big climbs.....exciting
route.png

Yes they look ok too, I like to have a drop position for headwinds, but those bars look good to me too
Drop position?

There’s a steerer extender , riser bars and hoods at an angle I’ve never seen and you think going on the drops helps with a headwind. It’s like a solution to a problem that really doesn’t exist in the real world of cycling.

(Helpful mode )
If you genuinely are struggling to this extent to get the correct position I’d suggest a bike fit. You look overwhelmingly average so there isn’t any logical reason why any of this is necessary. Your position riding like you are won’t be efficient and whilst you think it’s comfy you would be suprised on what an expert will tell you.

Millions of cyclists ride many miles with the ‘normal’ handlebar options out there. You wanted wide drop bars originally , to which I assumed you were of wide shoulders. But you aren’t.

You say you did 45 miles …. What’s the average ? Climbing ?

Back