Do you bike commute ?

How often do you ride your bike to work/school?

• never (I'm independently wealthy... or unemployed... or work at home)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1-3 times per week

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 or more times per week

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
classen":39rt6nc2 said:
The Rookie":39rt6nc2 said:
My commuter was built up from a bare frame.

Sweet commuter. That thing looks like a stealth bomber.

Building on the stealth bomber theme, I had this bikein the office for an age so decided to take it home via man-power last Monday night.

IMG_2823.jpg

30 miles later, and after a request to stay the night in a tesco express refused, I arrived home. Arse on fire.

Running a 44/12 was fine for my old blast 12 mile commute from Ealing to central London. The 30 mile one way might be a bit of a stretch.....

6 miles each way most days and once a week (rising to twice I hope) with the club that requires a bit of logistics to make sure the right clothes are in the right place!

Well done Retrobikers - 54% is a great figure. We're lucky to live close enough to work to do it. I cycle commute every day without fail, rain or shine; only a 5 mile round trip but it's enough to keep base fitness ticking over.
On grim and rainy days, or when i need shopping i ride this old Marin,

Minger by Pablo's Feet, on Flickr

When the sun's out and it's dry, i ride the GT

Zum by Pablo's Feet, on Flickr

And if it's a special day, I'll ride Stumpy!

The Golden Stumpy by Pablo's Feet, on Flickr

I commute all year round on this...
IMG_6252.jpg

with the odd sunny day on this...
GazelleComplete.jpg

bikes stay in the office during the day, in fact I leave one there all the time just in case I want to ride home after having to take the car (wife takes the car home)

5 days a week when I'm working....5 miles each way.....get there nice and awake and full of cycle joy....by the time I've ridden home I've already forgotten about work :D .....

.....journey time by tube if it's working properly 40mins door to door........cycle time between 23-28 mins (28 mins in winter gear)...

......and all it costs is chains and brake pads :D

Back