Do you bike commute ?

How often do you ride your bike to work/school?

• never (I'm independently wealthy... or unemployed... or work at home)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1-3 times per week

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 or more times per week

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Ride to work most Monday, Tuesday and Wednesdays.

Thursday and Friday are childcare days so I do a lunchtime road ride on Thursdays and a Lunchtime MTB ride on Fridays.

having written off my car after a retrobike ride, and being unable to afford a new one at the moment, im commuting 4-5 days a week.
At this moment im not looking forward to the ride, but i know as soon as i get my leg over, i will be happy as the proverbial pig. its great to be soo full of beans and awake after the ride in the morning too ;)

Yup, 5 days a week (sat mornings sometimes too).
I've tried to get to work using as many different methods as possible, but quite happy with just cycling now.
Cant vote, need more posts!

5 days a week for me, 5 miles each way.

Quicker than the bus, parking a car is a nightmare, plus no better feeling than getting to work already having the blood flowing and energised.

2 - 7 miles each way to my lifts house, and then on to work from there in his car, so sort of.

5 days a week whatever the weather, unless he's on holiday, in which case i get to take the missus' car

Easy to go shopping with and as long as youre not buying your weeks shopping ,seriously cheaper than using the car/bus/taxi :?

commute

I like to, especially in nice weather, 2-3 times a week at least. Its only a 10-15 minute walk, so I go the long way home and do 5-6 miles and sometimes a non direct route in the morning doing 2-3. The direct route is a little under a mile so not much point in that! I used to have a TREK MTB with slicks but it was heavy and bad so I bought one of those slinky sport hybrids with carbon forks and skinny tyres instead on the ride to work scheme. It is a much more enjoyable experience on the road, much as I hate to say it as a knobbly tyre freak. It still isn't as much fun as blasting down hills (ok the up isn't so much fun) or cruising along bridleways though.

I do it at least 5 days a week, and each day is around 20km, so that makes around 400km per month, quite nice instead using the car ;)

commute

Just waiting for a hip replacement and used to ride 2-3 times a week to work , but driving was becoming painful so its 5-6 times a week 20 round trip and I have lost 13lb in the process and feel a lot better for it
:D
*just been given a date 2 weeks today yay*

Latest posts

Back