Do you bike commute ?

How often do you ride your bike to work/school?

• never (I'm independently wealthy... or unemployed... or work at home)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1-3 times per week

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 or more times per week

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Yup, every day, though my 'commuter's not so retro... ~ 25km round trip but I throw in the odd 50km ride before work.

IMG_1084.jpg

14 mile round trip 4 days a week..all weathers..shift worker 12 hour shifts.

Drying room and showers..very lucky :D

every day is a retro day for ernie :D

Love it ;)

Ernie ;)

Attachments

• 5 002.jpg
    5 002.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 1,363
On the 3 days I have to go into London I commute on my Pathfinder to the station which is 5 miles each way, 4.9 of it is off road and on cycle paths.

Carl.

Was trying one day a week cycling, with train in the middle. With
the pretty route home manage about 15 miles total.

But since Southern Railways thinks cyclists are scum and won't let
them put bikes in their empty trains I'm back to driving that odd day.

Anyone know of a folding-retro-MTB thats cheap and fun to ride....
(thought not).

classen":36y4jwze said:
only getting in 2-3 per week right now. Sometimes I gotta pick up or drop of the young uns' at school which requires a tandem.

Fixed that for you!

I commute regularily, however due to what I have to carry its either 3 or 4 days a week and the other day/week I use to carry in fresh office clothing as required.
My commuter was built up from a bare frame.
Bikes1004.jpg

Pic is out of date as the bike now has:-
X0 twist shifter (lighter and less cluttered looking than shimano levers which are now on my daughters commuter (7 speed converted to 8 using a 9speed cassette))
Foam grips (Avenir, similar to KCNC or Pork rinds) my Giant lock on grips are now on the daughters commuter
X9 rear mech (lighter than the LX which is now on the wifes bike)
ITM seatpost (lighter and the carbon post is now on my MTB)
Front and rear levers swapped side to side (continental style) to shorten cable runs (lighter)
Alligator discs front and rear (lighter the old discs are on my younger daughters MTB)
IS mount front calliper (lighter, the old calliper is now being held as a spare)
Downtube guard/rear mudguard removed for summer
Stem flipped and one headset spacer replaced with 10mm ILO 15mm to lower the bars slightly.

Total weight without rack and guards is just over 10Kg, total cost is £350 so far through judicious ebay/classified buying.

Simon

Work at home at the mo, but on day off, get to ride with kids to school, so that's 4 journeys for me (there and back home in morning and afternoon).

Used to ride to work everyday until some *osser pinched by SBDU Raleigh that was demoted to training and general riding around bike. Then moved closer to work so could walk. Work has now moved too far away to ride, plus they don't have adequate security or washing facilities to make it a nice experience.

Latest posts

Back