Do you bike commute ?

How often do you ride your bike to work/school?

• never (I'm independently wealthy... or unemployed... or work at home)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1-3 times per week

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 or more times per week

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
5-6 days a week depending on what shift i'm on and what ever the weather, i'm not one of those "fair weather cyclists" ;)

I used to commute regularly in my previous job but it totally killed biking for me. Since changing jobs though and using my car for work and my bike for pleasure i found my mojo again and have clocked up 1500 miles of riding heaven since last june :D

Five days a week unless it's absolutely chucking it down in the morning.

Four miles each way by road or seven by canal.

After two and a half years I'm still loving it, I hate being stuck in the traffic in the car.

New Haven is a pretty small town. My 'work' is either a desk at home, or an office at the department ....about a 5 minute walk up the road.

That said, I also write a lot at coffee shops (we have about 15 in a couple mile radius?) and cruise around town all the time on my beater bike-- an early 80s Bianchi Alloro turned fixed gear. A few mtb bits--Dia Compe Advantage 5 levers, San Marco/Bontrager saddle, and a Blackburn Mtn Rack :)

I've worked from home for the last 3 years.
I still miss the cycle commute from one of my previous jobs though. Cycling is a great way to start the day.

Back