Dekerf Team SL build and Q’s

Like mine enough that after over 25 years of ownership sent it back to Chris and bought a tuning fork for it.

That won’t be happening then at that money that’s for sure. Maybe P-bone or P2 might look decent for 5% of that if I decide to go rigid

You mostly saw them originally with Judy’s, that were often custom painted. The Tuning Fork was always a pretty expensive option and, for that reason, there aren’t too many around. I think a P2 is a good option, suits most frames and handles well

You mostly saw them originally with Judy’s, that were often custom painted. The Tuning Fork was always a pretty expensive option and, for that reason, there aren’t too many around. I think a P2 is a good option, suits most frames and handles well
I’ve a few pairs of Judys so I did consider this option too.

My issue is the seatstay has substantial scratches but the rest is very good so I’m torn between keeping as it is or having it painted properly in maybe green or orange or even purple. If I do have it painted I’d do forks too.

I’ve a few pairs of Judys so I did consider this option too.

My issue is the seatstay has substantial scratches but the rest is very good so I’m torn between keeping as it is or having it painted properly in maybe green or orange or even purple. If I do have it painted I’d do forks too.

I’ll put my vote in for keeping the original paint. They’re only original once, blah blah blah. Getting a fork painted to match the existing frame colour won’t be difficult. Here’s my old (94) in original paint with colour matched Rockshox.

0498CFD9-A5B3-4337-96DA-11E6C4E4CA18.jpeg

I may be a heretic but I personally don't think the forks should match the frame colour. Think it'd be nicer with a black fork. Makes the frame itself pop.

Back