D8mok’s Zaskar obsession thread

exactly as Phil says.

I find far far more enjoyment in finding the bikes/parts that need to be restored. It also means the hobby stays cheap ish.

The fact you pay £60 for a frame and then put £2k into parts for it still means it cost £60 right … right … ?

exactly as Phil says.

I find far far more enjoyment in finding the bikes/parts that need to be restored. It also means the hobby stays cheap ish.

The fact you pay £60 for a frame and then put £2k into parts for it still means it cost £60 right … right … ?
Absolutely right !! ;):D

Just dropping in to say it is never too late to get a Zaskar.

I bought my 3rd Zaskar last year aged 50... plus I gave my old one to my brother who is 47...so that's two old blokes on Zaskars already....so scratch that itch :D
My first Zaskar just before my 59th birthday.
The truth is, if I had thought about it better, I would wait until I turned 60 and ask my children for the Zaskar as a gift...I would have saved a lot of time and money 🤣
But really...why wait any longer! I wanted to enjoy it now

@d8mok, your collection of Zaskars is stunning!

My first Zaskar was a 16" 1993, (one of the first to have come in to UK for that year), built up with Shimano XT drivetrain, USE seatpost and handlebars, Pace RC 35 forks, Onza brakes and pedals, red anodised Topline cranks with Pace chainrings, I can't remember what stem I had on it as it was a long time ago. Biggest regret was selling it when I moved to Sheffield in 1994.
I do now own a 2011 Zaskar Sport but would love to own an early 90's Zaskar again.

Is there any chance you could let me sleep in that garage? In exchange I can sweep and mop the floor and oil the bicycles every day...By the way, on the back right, up on the wall, that jade green color is wonderful.

Pump the tyres up on everything and you’ve a deal

That spare frame is another turquoise one. It’s a completely different shade to the other built bike which is more blue. Likely due in part to some fading but I’m convinced it started life as a different colour too.

Back