finding Unobtainium...

KayOs

BoTM Winner
Dyna-Tech Fan
As the title says, something happened to me that I thought was impossible.

I couldn't believe it.

Some days ago I discovered an Offroad Toad in the local classifieds.....insanely good price, not even an hour online, less than 5 views and after a few really nice messages with the seller and some chit chat about the bike the deal was done.
At least that's what I thought....

In the meantime, someone had spread the offer online, which for the seller then must have seemed like a DDoS attack on his account.
He didn't know what the f**k happend and apparently after two days or so it was all too much and too many dubious offers for him and he sold me the bike just to live in peace again.

Screenshot_20240919-141941-165.png

I couldn't believe it.

A friend then picked it up for me (for which I am incredibly grateful to him) and has already ridden a few kilometres on it (the lucky bastard).

When he sent me the first pictures I realised that the rear brake is not an XTR like the front one and like the seller had stated but some Grafton Speed Controllers instead.

threema-20240922-120818514.jpg
threema-20240922-134847724.jpg

Again, I couldn't believe it.

threema-20240922-124603790.jpg
Impressive how huge new bikes are.

So far everything on the bike is fine, just the usual battle scars, the derailleur cable is too loose and the rear wheel and rear derailleur were replaced at some point.
Otherwise no rust, no dents, no cracks. What more could you want?

The only parts that seem a bit strange to me are the seatpost and the dropout on the drive side.
The original bolts on both have been replaced by others and hex nuts, which leads me to believe that the threads have been stripped out.

But these are easy problems to fix, as both parts can simply be changed.
But I'll have to take a closer look first. Now I'm waiting to finally have the bike with me to start fixing it and, more importantly, to ride it.

If you guys are interested I'll keep you updated.

Many thanks at this point to @MattiThundrrr, @Retroroy and @jimbotoad for all the information about Toads and the nice chats.
Sadly I'm to far away for some beers and a bike ride.

Dude, so you got it! What an unbelievable find over here. Isn´t there an award for snatching something like this?

Anyway, congrats, and respect for the seller for not pulling out.

Amazing find and what a gent the seller must have been. Guess the attack of the Retro Clones was enough to make them see sense and just deal with Mr @KayOs . Love it when bikes like this go under the radar (but not for long!) and ends up with a good guy on here! 💪 :cool: 😍👌

Last edited:
Back