• Poll closed .

jez-4-bikes-max

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Ok guys!

Next topic - "Gripshift!"

Cool? Or uncool?

Remember we are dealing with the many iterations of gripshift and not just one particular model.

0f0a_1.JPG

It was Ok,

you always got a good positive click in a gear change and it was light stuff

It was rubbish on my Grifter, always slipped into Yellow which was normally followed by a painful incident ...

Never used it on an MTB and would steer clear...

How uncool!!!!

These are shite. Think of it, I ride off road. I need to grip the bars hard so I don't die. I know, lets make turning handlebar grip!!!

Top idea not.

Also, lets make them really fat and not grippy when it gets cold and muddy. This way we can also bugger up your fave grip choice.

Even in my weeniest of days could never, ever, convince myself to get these.

Utter crap. Fine on some street tourer, no place on a proper bike. :evil:

Love 'em, been using different incarnations since the srt-500 about 12 years ago? Still got those and they still work. Put a metal spring in them, fit gore-tex cables and they'll last forever. With standard cables they can get a bit hard to twist but with the gore-tex they're great. I still use gripshifts on my main bike. Only issue I have is they put the brake levers further away but matched to a set of hope sport levers (about 8 years old but still working great..) they rock.
I have in the past had them on a dirt jump bike where I cut them down almost to the shoulder. They were there when I needed to shift occasionally but otherwise sat nicely out of the way.
Great product.

Yeah they're cool :D

X Rays in particluar are awesome, the see through plastic, and the lack of markers to show what gear you're in, who needs to know that?

Also on the front shifter there's the ability to fine tune with the clicks between the gears. :?

Back