Cleaned up my old Bromwich beauty! (plus Overbury's) pics

Thanks for all the interest, i have replied to most of the emails, will keep everyone posted and get some measurements done too.
Cheers
Jon

Dad was pretty amazed by the response to the Overbury's, he's agreed a price and the bike is being shipped to new owner tomorrow.
Would love to see more Bromwich pics if anyone has one or owned one in the past.
Thanks

Rod_Saetan":34z0l0um said:
That looks great! If you get chance could you take some straight-on shots of the head tube and down tube decals please? Mine is sans decals (its sans everything really)

Yes of course, will try and do that tomorrow.

greenstix7":2tpvcmil said:
Rod_Saetan":2tpvcmil said:
That looks great! If you get chance could you take some straight-on shots of the head tube and down tube decals please? Mine is sans decals (its sans everything really)

Yes of course, will try and do that tomorrow.

Here you go, let me know if you need anything else.
Thanks
IMG_3321_zpsb40325f6.jpg

IMG_3320_zpseccdb074.jpg

any123":mth753is said:
I remember being in the unit when he used to put these together. They were a work of art. There was me rory hicthins and jim looking through the boxes of components when they were delivered to see what was new.

I still see jim from time to time riding the same one he built years ago.

thanks andy

Can you remember who Jim used for his wheel building?
I have some beautiful wheels which were made for me at the time, and i would like to get some more done possibly. These are Mavic Paris Dakar hubs with ceramic Open CD rims, ridden once!
Any info you have would be great.
Cheers

Re: Cleaned up my old Bromwich beauty! (plus Overbury's) pic

Hi again,
After thinking how much i missed riding my Bromwich, i decided to give it a new lease of life in a slightly different guise.
Now the Overbury's has gone, Dad has obviously got spare time on his hands and was itching to tidy up the frame a bit.
There was loads of chain suck which has now been sorted.
So, singlespeed it was, for getting around town on and the bike track etc, and for riding with my lad who has an Islabike and loves cycling already aged 6.
What's the general opinion?
41A667F3-C3C4-436D-8A72-14FEA4212562-1324-000000AA33B9C04D_zps0b10ce05.jpg

80FBA91F-AF03-4D2E-9529-B7365A3734AC-1324-000000AA24F95511_zpsd1af5131.jpg

Got the parts from VeloSolo, 46 front and 18 rear, goes like a dream. I thought it's better to ride it that look at it!
I love the frame that now looks so smooth/minimal and shows off the beautiful craftsmanship that demonstrates why this type of bike has lasted so long.

Comments welcomed.
Cheers

Noooo! personally I think its like making a classic road bike a fixie... this bike should have XT gears for riding mountains!

But if it means it gets ridden and you've kept all the bits, then fair enough :)

was8v":2p9m7hal said:
Noooo! personally I think its like making a classic road bike a fixie... this bike should have XT gears for riding mountains!

But if it means it gets ridden and you've kept all the bits, then fair enough :)

I know what you mean, but as it's a bit too small, i'd rather use it for pottering about on, it's such nice geometry that it makes it great fun
It did deserve a touch up, i like the black bottom bracket lug, looks cool!

Latest posts

Back