Claud Butler - Carpenter - Vintage Bike - Wheel Help

A little update managed to get the front tyre on and gave the brooks saddle a little bit of a clean, need to buff it up with some beeswax or something :)

Attachments

• 20230423_134404.jpg
    20230423_134404.jpg
    381.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 20230423_133203.jpg
    20230423_133203.jpg
    840.7 KB · Views: 15
Maillard Atom 4 speed 14 - 24 with some wear: opposite teeth / widest part = 101mm. So center to tooth tip 50.05mm.

I don't know if NASA will accept my CV because no tea strainer or cat picture was involved :p .

Maillard Atom 4 speed 14 - 24 with some wear: opposite teeth / widest part = 101mm. So center to tooth tip 50.05mm.

I don't know if NASA will accept my CV because no tea strainer or cat picture was involved :p .
thanks @Woz if cats are the best source for accuracy, i might just get my cat to walk over my keyboard to see which ebay listing it decides is best suited 🤣

Who? What? Where? How?
I’ve just woken up from a deep sleep (Long covid induced)
You lot are close… but no cigar.
It’s a Super Vello not a coronation although tbh it’s pretty much the same beastie, apart from they made the Coronation cheaper by switching out the 531 and they also produced a cheaper stamped fork crown.

What you have is one of the last of the Super Velo. Not especially worth much as it was still the bottom of the range but it has a certain novelty value.
And before anyone bothers arguing, the SV was a 26” job (NB “Bracket height 10.5” with 26’s)

C5A615DD-A881-413B-81CA-7D158D1C119F.jpeg

I’m back off to my sick bed

Who? What? Where? How?
It’s a Super Vello not a coronation although tbh it’s pretty much the same beastie, apart from they made the Coronation cheaper by switching out the 531 and they also produced a cheaper stamped fork crown.

What you have is one of the last of the Super Velo. Not especially worth much as it was still the bottom of the range but it has a certain novelty value.
And before anyone bothers arguing, the SV was a 26” job (NB “Bracket height 10.5” with 26’s)

View attachment 733572

Thanks mate 👍 Get well soon :)

Who? What? Where? How?

View attachment 733572

Thanks @Peachy! Great spot.

Who? What? Where? How?

View attachment 733572

The Super Velo is listed in the CB 1952 catalogue with chrome on the forks and rear triangle and detachable chain ring. The blue CB has a February 1953 532 frame number no chrome and one piece Brampton crank as shown for the Coronation model in the CB 1953 catalogue, has the mention of 531 just simply been omitted from the catalogue 🤔

Latest posts

Back