Canti or V-brake adapter

michaux

Dirt Disciple
Hi,
I am rebuilding an old Moulton with side pull brakes and want to upgrade to V-brakes.
I don't want to go to the trouble of finding someone to braze on bosses.
Does anyone know where I can get adapter plates with bosses already fitted (that will also I suspect reinforce the forks)?
Thanks
Frank

My old BMX Cruiser had a standard U brake fitted to the back and a side pull at the front. I built the bike for street/Park/Dirt type stuff and needed better brakes, so at one point I used a plate adapter with V posts on for the front, and a very Heath Robinson solution at the back, that involved cutting through the stays above the bridge of an old BSO to remove the whole brake mount assembly

Both of these were then jubilee clipped to the stays/forks, and then the brakes attached as normal

They worked perfectly and only removed as I then went to discs

p000565.jpg

G

hamster":1zp46p9e said:
I'm puzzled - your photo shows wheels with drum brakes... :?
That is becasue he has nicked that picture from my posting on the Moulton Yahoo group page and is using it without permission.

I'm not impressed. :evil:

And I "nicked" that picture of the yellow bmx from google-god-knows-where for purely illustration purposes only.....

I would have left work, gone home, got bike out of garage, refitted parts removed 4yrs ago, and taken a picture that actually depicts what was being described, but I had other things to do.... maybe he was in a similar position. :roll:

G

Anyway, I don't think a stock v brake adapter will work due to the short drop between the crown and wheel rim. A decent pair of road dual pivot callipers should do the job nicely.

unkleGsif":24fsah77 said:
And I "nicked" that picture of the yellow bmx from google-god-knows-where for purely illustration purposes only.....
It's not from a Google search though, it is nicked from a private Yahoo group and it clearly reads as if it is the bike he is rebuilding.

Well it came up on a google search I did....

I am sure there are more important things for you to be getting worked up about in the world than the use of a photo of a bike...

One Love!

unkleGsif":1f9yqtjj said:
Well it came up on a google search I did....
Yeah, to this page!

unkleGsif":1f9yqtjj said:
I am sure there are more important things for you to be getting worked up about in the world than the use of a photo of a bike...
If I want to complain that this person is using a picture I deliberately chose not post openly, I will thanks. You can do what you want.

Back