Can you help identify this frame?

rrrroberts

Dirt Disciple
Pretty sure it's not a Marin, frame seems routed for cantis - forks/vees/ahead probably not original. Looks like a mid 90s Giant but the square stays and frame pivot designs look all wrong.

I don't have another photo, quite intrigued though.

Attachments

• tmp_16181-489120002-1874493107.jpg
    tmp_16181-489120002-1874493107.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 611
Re:

definitely a marin. later FRS design. 96 nail frs

Marin_1996_09_rb.jpg

RBG

You're right again... Nothing like it showed up on google image search, even for 1996 Marin Nail Trail. Ugly looking thing, currently up to £8 on auction site here.

Cheers

rrrroberts":2xltrkor said:
You're right again... Nothing like it showed up on google image search, even for 1996 Marin Nail Trail. Ugly looking thing, currently up to £8 on auction site here.

Cheers

Just unloved,..... ugly is in the eye of the beholder.

RBG

rrrroberts":2k18i857 said:

Cheers

£8? Get the bugger bought!

Re:

I've already got a shed filled with far nicer and older stuff. I'm trying to throw out stuff like this, though mainly because I used to buy stuff like this.

There's not much of a market for this sort of thing in NZ, which is great for me to buy stuff like this, but really hard to offload unwanted frames, wheels and parts. I tend to build stuff up and give it away to people that can't afford to buy a new bike. Clears space for new projects too...

Back