Bulk mid-school Kona sell off - any market?

Splatter Paint

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I have a '97 Hei Hei King Kahuna, 2007 Kula Supreme and 2010 Hei Hei 100 all are 19" and the latter two fitted with XT groupsets. The HHKK is single speed. All have decent finishing parts, all have Fox forks. None are garage queens and are well used, but well cared for. I'm considering selling the lot to put towards a new bike.

I know I'd get more by splitting everything and undertaking ~60 or so individual sales, but do you think there is a market for selling the whole lot in one go? Maybe I'd get 25-30% less than individual part sales? Less?

Alternatively... I could offer the whole lot as swapsies against a modern bike on here and other forums? 🤔

SP

Last edited:
I'd probably sell as individual bikes. It will make a big difference if you are willing to post. Re: splltting etc - your time is also worth money and who potentially wants 60 things to individually wrap/post etc. And chances are there will be parts left over which are basically unsellable.

As far as pricing of bikes is concerned, look at what they have sold for on ebay. No harm is offering swapsies - but think it would be a rare person who wants those bikes at that size and condition and just happens to have a modern bike that you like the look of.

I'd probably sell as individual bikes. It will make a big difference if you are willing to post. Re: splltting etc - your time is also worth money and who potentially wants 60 things to individually wrap/post etc. And chances are there will be parts left over which are basically unsellable.

As far as pricing of bikes is concerned, look at what they have sold for on ebay. No harm is offering swapsies - but think it would be a rare person who wants those bikes at that size and condition and just happens to have a modern bike that you like the look of.
True, true. The Kula and HH haven’t been ridden in years, part of my soul will die if I split bikes apart I spent years building and riding!

I've bought some job lots of bikes and bits in the past, one very recent from a member of this forum. While none of them were quite like 3 fully built hi-spec bikes like this, the problem is still that it's hard finding someone prepared to part with a lot of money when they may only want one of the bikes, or parts of. My last haul will probably see me keep 20% at the most of what I bought and I'm still working through it three months later. Put some photos up with some idea of how much you want and there may be more than one member interested.

Back