British Steel

^ Have you any thoughts, information or inspiration re. the Scorpion for me Carl - am starting from a zero-intelligence base on this one!

mrkawasaki":1x7sd6pw said:
^ Have you any thoughts, information or inspiration re. the Scorpion for me Carl - am starting from a zero-intelligence base on this one!

I think early 90s, based on the rear seatstay and the original fit carbon brace, (a really nice touch by the way), Scorpion from memory was the brainchild of PD, I guess also built by him or by KW, but I am sure there was another torchman working alongside under the same banner to increase production. A very short lived exercise I understand,(quite a rare beast especially with the seatclamp/brace and snakestays) (and this is all a long distant memory so I could be miles off of course), and whilst I wouldn't pigeon hole it as a generic shop brand by any means, the funding for the project might have gone hand in hand.

I almost wanna say the rear end isnt Genius tubing for sure, based on the S bend seat stays, im no frame builder mind. You will know if the main triangle is Genius though from running your hand along it, but im sorry I cant make it out from the pictures.

I would interested in the seattube and top tube lengths with the actual real world weight too...? Im guessing 3 to 3.5lbs.. :cool: Certainly the precursor to the foray into the new world of Titanium Fabrication of the time.

mrkawasaki":epq68o59 said:
Thx - would you be inclined to send back to the north east for a repaint (and to engage with the backstory)??

I think I would love for you to put it under the nose of Kevin Winter, for nothing more than to either confirm or deny my conjecture if im honest.

Would I Repaint it..., tough question these days, of late if you mention a repaint some would have you burned at the stake.

Attachments

• Scorpion%202.jpg
    Scorpion%202.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 697
Re:

I've only taken a few quick shots so far.
More to follow later.

Chuffed is an understatement!!

Back