boy"O"boy's 1989 Serotta Off-road Pro-flex prototype

That looks fab as it is - appreciate it's going to see some paint, but in clearcoat it would really play to the "prototype" vibe. As a former 550 rider, I love this thread!

Great progress and good to hear there was nothing scary apart from the seat tube crack and hole that you already knew about.

Who's going to do the repair work on the frame? Will they just drill the ends of the crack and then weld & file back?

Does look quite cool stripped back and bare/raw, but bare frames get pretty tatty pretty quick and this doesn't feel like it deserves to be left in an unfinished state. @fguki has done a great job on those Elastomers!

As always look forward to seeing this progress! 💪 😍 :cool:

I thought I'd followed this excellent thread - I hadn't! Really want to see how the 'hole' repair is taken care of and then really want to see it finished. Popcorn at the ready.

Great stuff! And thank you for the kind words. Always glad to help out - especially when it comes to elastomers that arent common! (Besides all the standard models and sets I stock - for Manitoiu, Rockshox, Votec, Paioli & Co.). Looks great!

Dont worry about the hole or the crack. Its steel! Its a pretty easy fix for a good tig-welder.

People like Dan Chambers have perfectly repaired cracks and holes or drilled out cable guides in very fragile and high class KLEIN frames for me. People of his skill level will have this repaired pretty easily. Although I think (!) he only does aluminium.

Very curious to see your progress on this one!

Cheers!

Great stuff! And thank you for the kind words. Always glad to help out - especially when it comes to elastomers that arent common! (Besides all the standard models and sets I stock - for Manitoiu, Rockshox, Votec, Paioli & Co.). Looks great!

Dont worry about the hole or the crack. Its steel! Its a pretty easy fix for a good tig-welder.

People like Dan Chambers have perfectly repaired cracks and holes or drilled out cable guides in very fragile and high class KLEIN frames for me. People of his skill level will have this repaired pretty easily. Although I think (!) he only does aluminium.

Very curious to see your progress on this one!

Cheers!
I think Dan Chambers does, steel and Titanium too. I know he does Ti as I have spoken to him about a repair on another cracked seat tube!

I was expecting the corrosion to be a lot worse, but it looks like it's pretty solid underneath bar a couple of bits. Always thought these first generation Pro-flex's looked really cool. Ben is doing a cracking job as ever both in terms of execution and documentation.

Back