BoTM April 2K+8 - get your nominations in

Pickle":utfwl7ak said:
OMG, what has BoTM become........ :roll:

A competition... cream rises to the top. It improves every month, people keep stepping up their games.

It always confuses me when people start wigging within the first three posts, saying stuff like "well, there goes my chances, my 97 Mt. Shasta with LX doesn't stand a chance." If BOTM has proven one thing, its thats the bling-est, most expensive bike doesn't always win.

Another note - this is an internet forum . Egos are going to be flexed and smack is going to be dropped. Laugh at it, dont take it seriously. If someone picks on your build, and your feelings get hurt , call your mom and let her know.

ameybrook":2hktjw0f said:
Pickle":2hktjw0f said:
OMG, what has BoTM become........ :roll:

A competition... cream rises to the top. It improves every month, people keep stepping up their games.

How true you only have to look at the entries across the past 18 months, both numbers and quality of builds. Incredible. It still amzes me that RBG's Trimble didn't win a BOTM! :shock:

ameybrook":2hktjw0f said:
If someone picks on your build, and your feelings get hurt when, call your mom and let her know.

My mum's bigger than your mum :!: :LOL:

Archangel":14oaefwd said:
a long post

Sorry the "common" comment was meant tounge in cheek, just there are a lot of Kleins in the community...although I do find those era paint jobs ugly.

I was trying to encourage the following poster to get their bike entered any way. As it doesnt matter its just an opportunity to show what you have and have a little fun.

As I said on my post, I doubt my old stripped to bare metal Orange will even get a vote but im proud enough of it to have post it here and have people take the piss if they want to. (although compliments would be nice...hell im going for my second consecutive zero voter here :p)

Didnt mean to upset or offend, just encourage participation from those whom have less than perfect machines.

New month, same old debate .....

Although the points have been made several times before by those more eloquent than me, for what it's worth I've always felt that Retrobike is a broad church. For example Kleins don't really set my heart racing but I really love it that they do it for many with so much time, emotion, attention to detail and energy invested.

The breadth of interest and enthusiasm that people bring to Retrobike is reflected well in the BoTM competition and it's been great to see such an increase in entries (and overall standard) in the last few months, long may it continue.

same 'dale, different angle.

Archangel wrote:
I like the 'Dale - that was one of my favourite bikes BITD. And priced so that mere mortals could afford one too. Isn't this 1995 model ?
Could you change the 2nd pic to something else since the both are essentially from the same angle ? Maybe a shot from the front ?

Here's a different angle

Attachments

• IM000346.JPG
    IM000346.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 1,344
MadCowKev":2i3uxliq said:
It still amzes me that RBG's Trimble didn't win a BOTM! :shock:

I'm chuffed someone liked it, who cares if it did'nt make BOTM as long as we like it :D

besides CBOTM has yet to be anounced yet and it can be entered again :D :D

JFTR I don't really like the klein, like it was said - looks like a brain paint job to me too :LOL:

so enter your rides - don't be afraid - you might get my vote get ;)

I apologize to everyone who's feelings I may have hurt by setting things straight. :oops: Wasn't my intention. I admit that the last sentence was a little bit inappropriate ;) Sorry about that.
Had a stressful day at the office (BTW: Boss, if you're reading this, I NEVER lounge here during the work! Really. :D )
Usually if one can't say anything nice about someone or someone's bike, it better to say nothing instead of bashing. :evil:

Anyways, I still stand on my words that the BOTM is never about the price or if you have LX, XC Comp, aluminum frame or whatever on your bike. I mean, people here have just bought super cool Haro Extremes for few tenners! My opinion is: less bullsh!t, more bikes, even if they're Raleigh Mustangs.

I for one, really like the David's 'Dale like I said earlier. Being a former Cannondale rider, they have a spot in my heart. That and Specialized are my favorites at the moment. The Orange is okay too, but being non-British, that marque is unexciting for me. Sorry.

Re: 1993 Klein Adroit "Tinker Juarez Replica"

Dhphat":42uwgono said:
Shamus":42uwgono said:
Archangel":42uwgono said:
Here's my nomination for the BOTM:
1993 Klein Adroit in Team Storm built as a Tinker Juarez Replica.

and the winner is... :shock:

I'll wait to next month then :roll:

competing is BOTM suicide,...:shock:
i guess putting an old bike in just for the record is the best i can do,....

MuddyFox.jpg

muddy.jpg

The Muddy,..completely original and this Fluor after 18 years,...

Back