Bontrager Race XXL - Pink!

Great bike. I'm a fan of retro-modern mixes. I like the simple build, suits the frame perfectly.

Two small things (and it's all a matter of opinion so don't be offended) - I prefer the cleaner look of the original fork. The carbon looks too 'chunky' in my eyes...

Secondly you need to trim the cables! ;)

I literally started with a frame only. The original steel fork I obtained - it just seemed a bit short in length for the bike, but I still have it. I suspect it was intended for a non-suspension corrected frame. The carbon one is supposedly suspension corrected for an 80 mm fork and even it seems a touch off. The top tube is basically parallel with the ground. Having said that, I do recognize I'm more accustomed to more modern frames, where the front is typically a little higher. Am I wrong?

Absolutely love the frame and forks. check out the bikes in my sig pioneer and Alves for big non spec builds. A man after my own heart. Ride as you like it. Unless you want to ship F+F to me?

Merry Christmas :xmas-big-grin:

Don't mind the pink but can't get over the frame size. I'm 6'2" and had a large Bontrager Race Lite and thought it was one of those bikes that you just slung your leg over and it felt perfect. I'm average dimensions as well. I had mine set up with the bars slightly lower than the seat, Maybe an inch or so. I take it you tried different angled rise stems on your previous bikes instead of the 0 degrees XC standard? I always found the smaller the frame the easier it was to throw about but even today with modern geometry I'm still riding large sized frames and my custom Ti hard tail isn't a million miles away in terms of top tube length from my previous bikes.

Doesn't matter what I think though or anyone else as long as the bike gives you that Friday feeling ;)

Latest posts

Back