Blatant 'Zinn' show off thread

Re: Re:

BoyBurning":151dy2e1 said:
Retro Spud":151dy2e1 said:
I'm guessing its the same as Carls but with this much "Patina" its more of a survivor

That was the very first Zinn made Nick.

It was a pre production, made for someone in lieu of services or parts or something similar - can't quite remember the story.

It has a few differences to the later production models, and this years ICONOCLASSIC : 2016 show was the first time it's been out in the public after being 'discovered'.

The guys who brought it along to the show didn't own it, but had convinced the chap who owns it to lend it to them to bring along and display with their own model - the really nicely restored / repainted one in the background.

Cool bike!

:)

Yeah your right, I can remember someone asking about it while I took a few pics

Tbh I didn't take too much notice as there were a ton of nice bikes on show and while it was wearing Campag the MTB stuff does nothing for me, especially those awkward looking brake levers.

Giom6":1a6zymwu said:
This was Jo's Zinn. 753 throughout with the lovely Mint Sauce flowers. Gorgeous!

Wow that IS the ultimate dream British bike or a replica in my size. So pretty. Would love to see some closeups of it at Icon if anybody can post ? Anybody know if those 'flowers' were painted on on decalled ?

Re:

Jo's Zinn is long gone I'm afraid. He sold it as per the advert Si found and has probably rusted away now.

Good question regarding the graphics. I would like to think they are painted but who knows.

BoyBurning":1l03iq50 said:
Retro Spud":1l03iq50 said:
I'm guessing its the same as Carls but with this much "Patina" its more of a survivor

That was the very first Zinn made Nick.

It was a pre production, made for someone in lieu of services or parts or something similar - can't quite remember the story.

It has a few differences to the later production models, and this years ICONOCLASSIC : 2016 show was the first time it's been out in the public after being 'discovered'.

The guys who brought it along to the show didn't own it, but had convinced the chap who owns it to lend it to them to bring along and display with their own model - the really nicely restored / repainted one in the background.

Cool bike!

:)

Blimey! That's my own old bike and was indeed the very first Zinn.

I have no idea how it's survived as I rode it a lot and I mean a lot. We had some adventures together!

I'd love to know it came to be back in circulation as I have no clear recollection of what happened it after I built myself a new 753 29er for my 40th birthday in 1994.

Featch":1n6n9f4u said:
Blimey! That's my own old bike and was indeed the very first Zinn.

I have no idea how it's survived as I rode it a lot and I mean a lot. We had some adventures together!

I'd love to know it came to be back in circulation as I have no clear recollection of what happened it after I built myself a new 753 29er for my 40th birthday in 1994.

Glad I post a pic now, but given where you live its a shame you didn't pop over,
I have to say I-O-C is a great day out and the number / variety of bikes on display is quite staggering
I'd be the first to admit that it can in certain quarters be a bit of a geek fest but I shouldn't knock
passion for a given brand etc.

Gotta ask, what was it like seeing the old girl again ??

bring back good memories :D ............or like seeing a ex-girl friend with a new bloke :evil:

Attachments

• IMG_1825.jpg
    IMG_1825.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 854
Re:

I'm wrong!

I've made a few phone calls and it transpires this isn't my old bike but a third preproduction prototype that I now have a vague recollection of building. It's a little smaller than mine and a lot bigger than the black one pictured earlier in the thread.

I've spoken with the owner who had it new in 1988/9 and he is clearly very attached to it.

The mist of time is clearing.

It will one, and the only remaining one of the first 3 Zinns made.

Andy

Back