Bit of help

Eastway 90's racing

Dirt Disciple
Hi all,
just wondered if anyone would know if I could get a replacement rear rim for my bike. The rim has basically worn out and split , it was a Mavic m231 36 spoke 26inch for my Cannondale , Grip Bikes at Rayleigh are gonna help out but just wanted to check out any other options to simply ideally replace what I have.

With thanks..

Re:

Post a wanted ad for the 231 rim on here, I'm sure you'll find one.

If one rim has gone, the other may not be far behind so you might want to replace both. If you do that, you might have more luck finding a pair, not necessarily 231s so you are opening yourself up to more options, though spoke lengths you have may not fit other rims. Spokes aren't that expensive, and if you have time on your hands, you could place the rims and spokes as best you can (plenty of guides online), and you'll only need to pay for a true of the wheels rather than a full wheel build.

Re: Thank You

Thank you for coming back with advise , good points well made , my mate has come back with an offer of a Mavic 317 so may not need to go with posting a request , but I will take your point about the front wheel as well.

Keep safe .
Mark.

Latest posts

Back