BoTM Bike of The Month August 2024 "USA Special" - now taking entries

Bike of The Month
Nice but this BOTM is for bikes up to and including 1997. You need to stick your Ibis into the less frequent, but often well supported, 1998 BOTM.

Hello Frankenorange,

Well actually, the Ibis Bow-Ti was released for sale in 1997. I just couldn’t afford to buy one until 1998. It was expensive then for a MTB. This is what made me think I could enter this contest/thread. So does this is still exclude my entry?

Quote from Ibis article:

Ibis started making BowTis in ’97, and a lot of BowTis are still being ridden hard. I know, because I’ve had a good percentage of them in my shop to have a disc mount welded on. It’s amazing how beloved some of these bikes are. One guy says his BowTi has 40,000 miles and counting. I’m still making the occasional new BowTi too, with Steve Potts, but Ti has gotten so expensive its kind-of crazy. But, like I said, you do what you gotta do.

John Castellano, aka Mr Pivotless

Cheers,
~Earl J

Hello Frankenorange,

Well actually, the Ibis Bow-Ti was released for sale in 1997. I just couldn’t afford to buy one until 1998. It was expensive then for a MTB. This is what made me think I could enter this contest/thread. So does this is still exclude my entry?

Quote from Ibis article:

Ibis started making BowTis in ’97, and a lot of BowTis are still being ridden hard. I know, because I’ve had a good percentage of them in my shop to have a disc mount welded on. It’s amazing how beloved some of these bikes are. One guy says his BowTi has 40,000 miles and counting. I’m still making the occasional new BowTi too, with Steve Potts, but Ti has gotten so expensive its kind-of crazy. But, like I said, you do what you gotta do.

John Castellano, aka Mr Pivotless

Cheers,
~Earl J
If your particular bike is a 98 then unfortunately it's not eligible

ooooh....

92 Extreme Punisher....the only one i know with u brake studs in the back.

Lovely bike. But it's already had a go in a 'special month' BOTM

and also May 2020 BOTM

and also Nov 2016 BOTM

boy"O"boy

Last edited:
Back