Big boys picking on the little fella

Dear Specialized, I represent the letter "S" and as such I am alerting you of the need for you to immediately cease and desist using that letter "S". A simple search of the alphabet would have prevented this, but you have used the letter with impunity and the letter "S" is certain that, if it does not defend its right to ownership, everyone will feel some right to use what many people feel is just a letter of the alphabet. Thank you.

this one was posted as a comment on one of specialized`s facebook posts, found it quite funny.

I thought it was poor taste to point out the resemblance between the Runic S logo and another usage of paired Runic S on Hugo Boss-designed clothing.

I'm curious as to why the feller's voluntary and willing involvement in an immensely popular and pretty much unjustifiable war somehow affords him particular consideration. This 'veteran of Afghanistan' bit does nothing to garner any extra sympathy from me.

That said, Specialized are still ****s.

Mijiblob":248i2bix said:
I'm curious as to why the feller's voluntary and willing involvement in an immensely popular and pretty much unjustifiable war somehow affords him particular consideration. This 'veteran of Afghanistan' bit does nothing to garner any extra sympathy from me.

That said, Specialized are still ****s.

Look at it this way, at least the bloke realised shooting people was a crap career move. I recon if we got everyone in the murder industry out doing stuff like selling bikes, the world would be a better place.

When you put it like that, it makes me want to put them in a cage match.

In the red corner, a murdering shit! in the blue corner... an entire boardroom's worth of soulless capitalists! Gladiators! Choose your weapons!

why shouldn't they? see here: "because the company owns the trademark on the word Roubaix"

unfortunately this has caused them bad publicity not that it will stop me from buying their products.

Personally couldn't give a monkeys whether he's a war vet, an animal vet, a reformed merchant banker or a member of One Direction.

Point is that Specialized have just missed the plot. The Roubaix name is so widespread in cycling - I can think of at least 2 tyre brands that have used the word in their product ranges, as well as a fabric brand, both of which go way back further than both Specialized and Fujis branding of it. What next... Roger de Vlæminck Mr Paris Specialized?

It's the arrogance of the thing. And the heavy-handedness of the approach.

Their shoes I find more comfy than other brands. The bulk of their products are pretty average, and a bit shit sometimes, like the Sirrus I bought last year then got refunded due to it's piss-poor build quality (the rear brake bosses were welded on so badly they were offset by nearly a centimetre).

They're just another huge corporation, like Giant, Trek, etc. At the end of the day, they enable more people globally to cycle, so who is of more importance in the greater scheme of things; them, or some tiny one-man bayed outfit which caters for a very few?

Still ****s doh.

Back