Drop Bar'd Salsa w/ 'Jelly Bean' Paint.

Ibis.jpg

'84 Ibis Custom.

potts.jpg

'91 Steve Potts Limited Edition :shock:

drystonepaul":21txtwao said:
Gotta love a splatter paint-job.

Karakoram12.jpg

I love the one-off paint jobs for the high end boutique stuff, but GT must get an honourary mention for making amazing mass-market bike paintjobs in the early 90's. I think gm125626 (can't remember the numbers sorry) has mentioned that they needed lots of trips through the paint processes to get the multi splatter or striped or faded (sometimes all together on one frame!) colour schemes. This can't have been financially good for their profit line but they did it anyway. :LOL:

The paintwork they did has proved to be very VERY tough even when abused for 20 years. They even did the forks AND stem the same too, like the custom builders. The paintwork was even seen on the £200 budget models they did, but to replicate one would probably cost nearly that nowadays!! :shock: :shock:

8bfc182a.jpg

There are many nice paintjobs. I like my Goat with two side splitter-splatter. Yellow on one side, white on the other. Gives a very interesting effect. Grove is nice, plus the paint quality is superb. Aquamarine fade from Fat Chance is a well known distinctive paintjob >>>

7618092100_40ff2555b9_b.jpg

view large pic

24pouces":wdz23261 said:
I always love when there's neon color…
But I would add 2 cannondale paint job, both on SM1000 :
And the black/pearl hyper highlight of the 91 SM1000
sm1000x2.jpg

I totaly agree. The SM 1000 paint job is one of the most attractive ones C´dale has EVER made. The deepness of the blue is unrivalled. I remember a pal of mine back in the nineties - he used an SM 1000 with this colour scheme as a street/town bike in Münster - North Rhine/Westphalia ...... later that year it was stolen and from the insurance money he bought a Trek 8000. :roll:

ohhh, memories..... ;)

Now, when we´re at it - i remember two other great paint schemes from Cannondale i saw back in the early nineties. Unfortunately i had no camera with me when i saw these bikes in a show room of a bike shop in Münster, i just had some stencils and a piece of paper with me.... :D

Vintage-Cannondales.jpg

First one was an ATB, the second a road racer...

enjoy... :cool:

Back