Australians using retrobike??

Mine spends most of its time hanging in the shed at the moment as I just don't seem to get enough time to ride it.

I commute on a roadie and ride a steel hardtail ('98 Norco Sasquatch) with a kids seat on the back when I take my 2 year-old boy out for a spin, which is all I seem to have time for these days.

At this rate the trek should last for ages!

More of a browser than a poster, but the UK folks on the board have been fantastic with my LTS queries (I have a '97 LTS-DH ready to go, except for a seat).

Regards, Mark (SE suburbs of Melbourne).

Sure was Matt.

Lovely guy I bought off but turned out there's very little orig. on it and the frame has small dings in the top tube and left chain stay meaning back to raw ChroMo with clear ain't going to cut it. So I'm not going to do a full retore becasue of that and will just do a low budget respray, custom/modern/retro mix, SS and basically just have some fun with it :D

Frame was not as light as I thought either at 2kg!

By the way... where do you ride?

I'm in Eltham so most rides are Yarra trails, Diamo, up into Panton Hill Kinglake, etc. Do a bit at the YouYangs as well when I'm down Geelong way every 2nd weekend.

melbourne

well...just fairly new to melbourne having moved from Coogee in Jan...

ride yarra trail mainly at the moment...although was down the Bellarine myself on the weekend..great place to ride...even the rail trail

marin sounds like it is in similar condition to my diamondback apex...no dents though...makes a great city runner with big apples rollin...
matt

I've ridden in many places across the planet, and Canberra is up there with the best.

This combined with stromlo being a 10min ride from my front door, makes all the difference.

All I have to do is get a Yo-eddy to cruise the trails now.

RB

Wow, there are a few 'Melbournites' on here... That's why the price or retro junk on fleabay is going up :LOL:

'90 Nishiki Alien ACX
'90 Nishiki Ariel
'90 Shogun Prairie Breaker Team Issue
'91 Nishiki Alien ACX (M900)
'91 Alpinestars Almega DX
'91 Kirk Revolution
'91 Haro Extreme Team
'92 American Comp Lite (M900)
'93 GT RTS 2
'94 Proflex 856
'94 Specialized FSR Comp
'94 Haro Extreme AL

I have an addiction...

P.S. AaronJ, whenever you get sick of that Stumpy...

Off topic here...

Anyone had any experience of shipping a frame from US to OZ.

Best price so far is ~400USD - a bit over the top methinks.....

RB,

I looked into is ages ago (both frames and bikes) and I hit much the same hurdle with shipping cost.

However, I know a few that have, so I assume there must be ways and means of doing it cost effectively.

Back