Australians using retrobike??

It also seems that most of the us shipping folk (UPS etc) don;t ship surface anymore, which used to be the cheapest if not in a rush.

Hopefully someone here may have had good luck of late with shipping.... :?:

Gday rory breaker

I have had a few frames shipped over on the last couple of months.

Depending on the frame you can get ot as low as $40 US to $170 US.

If the frame can be taken apart e.g. Full Suspension, it can be shipped either in two pieces or the pieces can be folded up inside each other..

Hardtails tend to be the killer.... the package size ends up close to the 108inch girth limit, but you should still be able to get USPS for about $200 US...

Hope this helps....

Brettlels,

What shipping tariff is used for 108inch, I've been told its 79inches for USPS International express....

And yes it's a hardtail... Only retro way to be!

Hi, this is the service they have used to ship to me..

Global Express Guaranteed® (GXG) is the premium international shipping option from the U.S. Postal Service with international transportation and delivery by FedEx Express. GXG offers date-certain delivery in 1-3 business days to more than 190 countries worldwide.

Maximum Size: Total length and girth not to exceed 108 inches. Individual dimensions not to exceed:

Length = 46 inches
Width = 35 inches
Height = 46 inches

Maximum Weight: Total weight not to exceed 70 pounds.

My hardtail was approx $170US to ship....

Hope this helps....

Try Bikeman

I've been trying to get a new frame sent in from the States. I'm building a new 29er with a new Kona Frame! Bikeman said they would send the frame for 40 bucks and you can't touch a Kona frame in Oz for what you can get it for in the US.

Brettels

If I go to USPS website and get a quote for this, 9lb 41"x20"x8" - the price is 357.00 USD - so what am I doing wrong?!!

RB

globetrekker, thats crazy cheap, do you know who they are shipping with?

Maybe the price is discounted to encourage the bike sale?

rory breaker":2k5kg0pb said:
Brettels

If I go to USPS website and get a quote for this, 9lb 41"x20"x8" - the price is 357.00 USD - so what am I doing wrong?!!

RB

Ive got the seller to do the leg work for me. Its too hard to arrange yourself from here.

Ive had sellers take it down to the post office and then come back and try and trim the box down even further to reduced the carton size.

The only way to save dollars is to get the carton size as small as possible.

The chap I've bought the frame off has been backwards and forwards to USPS more times than I can remember now.

Best he's got is 40 x 8 x 20" at 9lbs = 291.75USD very different to what you got!!

Seems bizarre, because I sent a hardtail frame to US 6 months ago, and only cost me 90AUD with Australia post.....

The US has made it alot harder to post to Australia, while its still easier to post to them.

Ive given up on buying frames from the states as it gets too expensive.

Shame we dont have many good frames turn up in Australia.

Good luck...

What sort of frame is it?

Im about to get rid of two of my retro bikes...

Back