Are you retro beyond bikes???

Yetidh9":ahq9x9kd said:
Really nice one! Is it an original mkII Rally?

All original, right down to the 1753cc Rallye G60 lump and VW battery.

xl_NP1129_image_1545.jpg

erm, cars and bikes really:

1962 BSA B40
1983 Mk1 Golf GTI
1989 Honda VFR400 NC30
1990 Mercedes Benz 190e 2.5-16
1991 Mk2 Golf GTI

That's the lot
:)

What about skateboards?
Is there a retro scene for those?

I had a lovely G & S fibreflex board, ACS 651 trucks and 70mm red Kryptonic wheels.
Does that mean anything to anyone else on here?!

My mum kindly threw it away a few years ago when they moved house!!

I've got a few boards
Coyote 11 with acs trucks juice wheels
& a free form all alloy board
& a Tony Alva 80,s board somewhere!

Tc

Can't believe more of you haven't mentioned the wife. Christ mines retro :LOL:
I've a few 60's 70's Rolex's which I find it hard to part with. Did have a nice collection of Omegas at one point.
I'm a former DJ so my circular wax is treasured and the kit I played it on.
Would love to make a hole in the garage for a retro estate/bike lugger, it's just finding the right one.

Oh I've still got my skateboard and ride my bmx regulary ;)

Vinyl - I tend to buy records from charity shops based on the label/year made/producer etc - pot luck but sometimes comes up trumps.

Martin":15lhl3je said:
Havent seen the retro furniture lovers over here. Have some nice Eames furniture around. Also very keen on the retro lights like the ph5 from Poul Henningson.

I have a steady collection of lamps, just cos I like them, only Design (with a capital D) ones are a pair of Mac Lamps though, plus I also have a burgeoning chair collection: Robin Day fibreglass swivel; Eames DKR; Bertoia side (x 2); Ernest Race BA; an udientified Czech built Knoll and an unidentified steel rod 50s thing which I'm slowly restoring. All of this rammed into my pokey flat, mainly bought before the big prices nowadays started to appear, DKR was £35 with pads from eBay for instance. Also: Vintage posters; flatware; penguin paperbacks (which I read, but also like the covers/feel of 2nd hand books); photo frames; cocktail paraphernalia.

Would love some retro BMX action. Mine's a modern supercross BMX as I plan on racing when I get some spare time. I did build a retro cruiser to race, but was to nice to trash so i sold her :( Always keep a look out for a supergoose and or PK Ripper.
My old batchelor pad was dripping in retro furniture/lighting. Kids stop those fun and games.
Vinyl wise I've loads! Mostly vocal house (early 90's to mid) and late 80's indie and loads of the classics from my parents. Funnily enough I'm DJing tonight in my bar. The kids that run the event we have turn up with CDJ'S and a laptop. I'll teach em! Chicago, vocal vibes if you will ;)

Oh also into old skool hip hop :D

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 511
I noticed a lot of VW input - my last car, sadly sold this year, was an Audi 80 which I picked up with one former owner and 27,000 on the clock.
Other than that, I don't really think of things as retro just more interesting for being older and having a bit of history.
Most of my money goes on old bikes (judging by the prices in the bike mags these days, there seems to have been some sort of quantum shift regards retail and I tend to by 'retro' bikes purely because I cannot afford otherwise), old records - Northern soul, skinhead reggae, rockabilly, and antiques (assorted, but cycling nostalgia plays a big part)

P2090134.jpg
- some of my autographs; there's a Tom Simpson and Reg Harris amongst this lot
P2090129.jpg
Campag catalogues
RBAudi.jpg
Old faithful...sadly sold, but not forgotten
RBRecords.jpg
And my ipod...Garrard SP25 and Wharfedale speakers (found in skip!)

Back