April BoTM 2009 - entries please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrkawasaki

Retrobike Rider
The theme for April is 'Leftfield' - by design, by story, by component choice, by colour, by rider - any which way but the conventional...!

Let's see what you've got! :shock: :cool:

Mr K

Attachments

• Let's see what you got...!.jpg
    Let's see what you got...!.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 2,315
I'll kick off with my most recent addition to my stable of bikes. My Parkpre Pro Elite

Saved from the scrap heap.

This bike originally belonged to the Welsh MTB legend Clive Powell www.clivepowell-mtb.co.uk/ He returned it to the UK distributors for a warranty claim due to cracks in the welds around the BB shell. I aquired this frame as a job lot of a dozen or so frames most of which were write-offs.

9 years pass ... I get the frame repaired

Inspired by a kindly donated Parkpre 1994 catalog (sic) I planed a build using the frame which has sat in my garage all these years. This is the result, full spec and further pictures are here - http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=55438

Updated pictures since adding decals:

Attachments

• pp-2.jpg
    pp-2.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 1,482
  • pp-1.jpg
    pp-1.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 1,482
If the theme is Leftfield, should all the bikes have 'Afrika Shox' rather than any other sort of suspension?

As it's a 'special month' do the usual rules apply of 'I currently own this bike' apply or can it be 'a bike I have owned but don't anymore'? After all it is a 'leftfield' competition!

Not Forgotten

I have been asked 'what is 'leftfield'?' - here's a Wiki explanantion...

Out of the left field

The phrase "out of left field" has come to be used in popular vernacular to describe any idea which seems wildly unrelated to the subject being discussed. This arose at Chicago's second West Side Park, home of the Chicago Cubs from 1893-1915. After the Cubs moved to what is now Wrigley Field the property eventually became the home of the University of Illinois College of Medicine. The U of I built its Neuropsychiatric Institute building in what had been left field, leading to the association with somebody or something that is a little off or crazy.[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left_field

Interpret as you will...

Mr K

Leftfield......it's just got to be the Kirk :cool:

Attachments

• Kirk Precision.jpg
    Kirk Precision.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 2,178
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back