Any Ideas what this frame is ?? modern or old ??

johnnypie13

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Bought this bike a while back to ride around sort of a hack bike but i'm still unable to work out what it is the previous owner said it was a custom frame but even so who built it ? not really up for selling it but just curious :LOL: :LOL:

hope someone more knowledgeable can shed some light on it

Canti bridge on the fork, URt rear end ... mid 90s? Maybe late 90s BSO, but not too sure due to the "7005" badge.

Details like the CNC on the chain stays and gusset under the down tube tend o suggest it isn't a BSO. It's quite an elegant design too.

Quite good looking really. :?

cheers for the responses seen it on ebay and liked the shape plus its looked quite tatty so excellent for hack / commuter but on collection it was obvious there was something about it sunset rims nice headset etc

and its is quite nice to ride too quite light for a full susser

very similar designs to orange and iron horse but just doesn't fit exactly into either

I don't know rear suspension other than trek 9000s sort of thing.
But looking at that .. It's not going to work.
As you pedal the seat to pedal distance will change or am I missing something?
It is going to be hard to ride unless you stand up, even then the bars will move differently to you feet position. Who the hell thought that would be a good idea.

I've only ever seen bso's have that hoop the shock goes through which looks like a bodge

That reminds me of those ddg full sus frames they sold in the late 90's, the three rear shock positions stand out as something they had iirc!

It's no better or worse than most URT designs - Fox shock too I believe?

I reckon that's a Club Roost frame (or came from the same factory). Same big pivot and clamp design as their later bikes and I'm sure I remember their dropped top tube design.

My_Teenage_Self":3nxnvju4 said:
It's no better or worse than most URT designs - Fox shock too I believe?

I reckon that's a Club Roost frame (or came from the same factory). Same big pivot and clamp design as their later bikes and I'm sure I remember their dropped top tube design.

yep fox shock too hence the thoughts it wasn't a BSO i will take a quick look online at club roost frames cheers any advice at this point is great cheers mate

FluffyChicken":34a9fvy1 said:
I've only ever seen bso's have that hoop the shock goes through which looks like a bodge

Well, they are bicycle shaped objects, but Brent doesn't do "bodge". :D

pbpic401750.jpg

1211162784_bike_foes_dh.jpg

Back