Any Ideas? 1980s or 1990s Bicycle Fame?

This is true...just a slight problem...I don't own the frame and I like to think of myself as a fair and just man...allegedly. But If I give the owner more information I may not get the price I am offering? Is that a terrible thing? Did I say that I have to pay £20 train fare? lol I feel bad now :(

So if you discover its worth a fortune, you'll still tell him you're doing him a favour and saving it from the scrap man?😉

So if you discover its worth a fortune, you'll still tell him you're doing him a favour and saving it from the scrap man?😉
Lol I'm offended! In defence...if I can think of one? Its a long way to go and the pictures only show one side...and he says its a 653 not a rebadged 531...and...and...and...they usually cost a lot...court adjourned :)

Ask him for better pictures of the "bottom bracket area"?
Remind him about how expensive trains are these days, if you haven't already... and that you'll probaby have to argue with the guard to get an old bike on there😉

Looks like a competent, quality, practical frame from a decent output builder. You may never find out who though.
It's nice and simple.

Small scale framebuilders often can't resist unnecessary touches😆

Also the groupset probably dates it - triple 105 - nice condition paint, a bargain at under 250👍

Ask him for better pictures of the "bottom bracket area"?
Remind him about how expensive trains are these days, if you haven't already... and that you'll probaby have to argue with the guard to get an old bike on there😉

Looks like a competent, quality, practical frame from a decent output builder. You may never find out who though.
It's nice and simple.

Small scale framebuilders often can't resist unnecessary touches😆

Also the groupset probably dates it - triple 105 - nice condition paint, a bargain at under 250👍
I have a confession...I only wanted the frame set so I asked would they be happy to sell me just the frame set as I have all the components I need. So not a lot to carry on a train and cheaper to buy...£60...😃...I am though by nature a half full glass kind of a guy so there will be at some stage a sting in the tale? Also I must remember to pick it up during the week as weekends will probably no doubt be days for engineering works on the line I want to use. He suggested £60 and I'm not that evil to knock any more off 😁

Are you making the poor man strip his dearly beloved bike down, sobbing, in front of his children?😭
Hey...its a bike eat bike world out there and its best to teach them when there young so that they have no expectations of happiness...its the British way! 😁. I will also lob in a box of Kleenex for free...I'm all heart I am 😁😁😁

... leaving him to weep over a pile of worthless tat like 23mm tyres and a 12-18 7 speed cassette, downtube shifters, shallow-drop brakes, short cage derailleur, 42/52 chainset, 130mm stem...
And of course brake levers with tired and sticky hoods. 20240911_175052.jpg
I think a bottle of whisky might be more appropriate than a box of kleenex😵

... leaving him to weep over a pile of worthless tat like 23mm tyres and a 12-18 7 speed cassette, downtube shifters, shallow-drop brakes, short cage derailleur, 42/52 chainset, 130mm stem...
And of course brake levers with tired and sticky hoods.View attachment 883708
I think a bottle of whisky might be more appropriate than a box of kleenex😵
Wow, Hannibal Lector's bicycle.

Back