Any bad experiences buying on here?

CHASE76

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Has anybody had any experiences buying items on here using paypal? Were you covered if the seller hasn't sent an item? If so how would it work?
I've personally not had a bad experience so far as I usally only buy from people that have a lot of feedback or have been a member for couple of years or so, but I was wondering if there was something I really wanted to buy but the seller was quite a new member would I be covered?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

If they're new or you haven't had dealings with them before you shouldn't use Paypal "gift". If you use the "fees paid" way then you have some fallback.

Yes as it will be deemed as a transaction rather than a gift.

If I know you or I am aware that you have a long and trusted dealing history then I would probably use paypal gift

If your new, haven't sold a lot or occasionally you get it wrong(some do) then I would pay by using standard paypal and would discuss with the seller about splitting the fee's or pay them myself.

by using the standard transaction with fees... sometimes is the smart move until you know the person well enough to use gift

I think it's about 3-4%

don't forget..it isn't cheeky to try and haggle down a bit so the total cost to you will include fees

sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't

If you want ANY chance of monies back in a dispute over postage, condition, not as described, unknown seller - USE PAYPAL AND PAY THE FEE'S. 4% could work out cheap.....not that I'm speaking from experience of course................

I've bought and sold loads and never had a major problem on here. Parts are sometimes in worse condition than described though, usually things like scratches or scuffs that I would not call 'very good condition' but are described as. I did once buy a complete bike (not recently) and almost every part was broken (but still usable) or badly damaged! That's olds bikes though.
I've never had to speak to the seller about anything though.

Yes would certainly go halves or haggle with a seller on here with regards to fees, I've not had any issues on here either seem to have more hassle on Ebay! Right now infact! Recenlty bought a fake s-works frame off ebay(didn't no till I got it!) anyway have sent it back for a refund which he agreed to in the dispute however he says ebay cannot issue a refund untill tomorrow! Load of rubbish! All he needs to do is log onto paypal and issue refund.

I've bought some absolute crap on here. On reflection, I took a risk buying it unseen. More fool me.

Honestly, I think you should conduct transactions on the basis that you could be dealing with anyone unless they're known to you or you're buying face-to-face in cash.

Back