And today I did......

clockworkgazz":3lmd56tj said:
put this old road dear together and started the M2 build

sidep.jpg

I have never ridden road, but have been looking at a few bikes of late and had to say very nice

....must be something in the water - went for a 45miler on this around Lochs Etive and Creran :D

bianchi319.jpg

Came back home wanting more :D :D :D

I am now considering bamping drops and skinnies on the Rockhopper. Lovely pug Gazz.

Good long sesh down Glentress yesterday afternoon. Spooky Woods twice, did Betty Blue then nipped over to the black to do Deliverance. Forgot how rocky it was, bloody hell that was painful. Also did some of the hidden tracks, another trundle down Zoom or Bust and finally gave Secrets and Lies a go (this was the one that Velo and Dave DH did earlier this year I think) - wish I'd had some flats for a bit more confidence on the boardwalk bits, minced nearly all of it. Nice trail though, narrow and tight through the trees, especially enjoyed the last rooty section before it rejoined the main trail. Even 3 punctures and a heavy shower towards the end couldn't ruin the day. Somewhat sore this morning though :oops:

sounds like a great day ZZ very jealous indeed. If you want some drop bars and levers to try out you can have a lone of mine if you want?

Had a run out on the roadie today, horrible headwind ride out and amazing fast run home- jury is still out :? The roadies I passed on the road were in the main a bunch of unfriendly knobers- fat tyre dudes are by and far cooler.

Went for a run today, 10miler but it was bleedin hot :eek: started to suffer a bit at the end :(

This is why a MacRetro group road ride would be a good thing, roadies are often not the type you want to cycle with but us lot on skinny tyred stuff should be cool :cool:

Must try harder to get a semi decent road bike :roll:

I was going to start defending roadies but I don't think I'd get anywhere.

Back