And today I did......

Tazio":37admg15 said:
Talking about weight I've gone all a bit Kaiser and tried to predict the weight of my new build. I don't have scales so it is all based on online figures so will probably be tragically wrong.

But for just now I have added it up at bang on 10Kg (22lb) which I reckon is pretty good for a fully geared hard tail with front bounce and discs. And no real weight weenie parts on it.

It will end up heavier though as it always does with me.

Give us a break down then?

kaiser":2ox4qedj said:
Give us a break down then?

I should have all the parts next week some time.

Salsa frame
Manitou R7 forks
Deore hubs with Mavic 221 rims
RD M950
FD M970
XT shifters
XT 750 cranks
Avid Juicy 3 brakes with Hayes rotors
Flite Ti saddle
Tioga seatpost
Club Roost risers
Raceface stem
DMR V8 pedals (for now)

Hopefully a pretty light XC whippet type of thing.

Today I took part in Tough Mudder down at Drumlanrig. I can safely say I've been dooked in every body of water in the estate. I was also electrocuted several times too just to round it off. As a mountain biker you may think you know mud but I can tell you here and now you do not. Now chillaxin with some Cidre and peanut M+M's.

Today

Took my nicely finished van for its MOT yesterday but it failed :cry:
I thought it would to be honest as I thought there were a couple of issues.
Nothing major though it is the four flexi hoses on the brakes, the hoses are fine but the connections/ferrules on the ends show signs of corrosion.
So thats next weeks job. Otherwise she is great, he said its the tidiest most solid van he's seen in a long time.
Not much riding being done as I have been having to get a lot of things sorted as I am two weeks into my months notice, hence why I have to get my van on the road as the work one will be gone at the end of the month. My redundancy beckons :roll:
Good for retro riding I think as we will be moving, dont know where yet, but really cant go any further north so it will be south, and a bit closer to the rest of the macretro clan :)

Jamie

Back