And today I did......

I think ive been in theat place :? is it a wee shop split in two sections? when i was there they had a nice proflex hanging up .Or is that another shop ?

big.eck":1bwis6t9 said:
it was just some dh tyres and a few dh parts but your right about the slim pickings :LOL: it looks more like a shop now which isnt a bad thing :cool:

Any nice DH cranks?

Bullpup":19fudlw6 said:
big.eck":19fudlw6 said:
it was just some dh tyres and a few dh parts but your right about the slim pickings :LOL: it looks more like a shop now which isnt a bad thing :cool:

Any nice DH cranks?

there was a raceface northshore dh drive side only :LOL:

Eventually got my finger out and cabled up the Sunn so I can ride it tomorrow, just stopped as I've reached the gear indexing and I've had a few glasses of wine and I'm tired. Not the best way to be when your indexing rapid-fire shifters.

Going to spin down to the Courier races tomorrow on it and show the fixie brigade how to make a bike easier to ride in a hilly town.

If I get the chance I've got a new BB to fit to the Rock Lobster as well so I can get easier front shifting.

25 miles on the road bike thismorning, seems to be the limit before my back and shoulders start complaining, that was going pretty hard though (done in 1 hour 25 minutes, average speed 16.5 mph) with no break (except a couple of traffic lights) so will maybe aim for more miles with some breaks.

Nice the weather wasnt chucking it down for you mark :cool: its been crud for the last few days Summer er?

I would like to have got out but my brakes are fubar at the mo,got home from the wheelbuilders all nice and red :D fitted them but on set up the levers went straight to the bars.Its like they havent been bled at all :(
In fact theres fluid pissing out the rear at the hose joint,so maybe not torqued enough :?

Been chucking it down all day so no riding for me. Shame as everything was coming together nicely. Considering going in to town tonight to have a laugh at the Red Bull minidrome.

left a note

Went to a party last night and parked outside one of the neighbour's was a lovely Rocky Mountain Equipe. So today I returned in day light and left a note offering to buy it should they be willing to sell. Its obviously been left out for a while - flat tire and generally uncared for, though it should scrub up a treat. Fingers crossed, but perhaps wishful thinking, we'll see. I tried it a few months ago with a Rocky Mountain Hammer parked outside my local supermarket and heard nothing, but if you don't ask......

dyna-ti":2r3hriiv said:
Nice the weather wasnt chucking it down for you mark :cool: its been crud for the last few days Summer er?

I would like to have got out but my brakes are fubar at the mo,got home from the wheelbuilders all nice and red :D fitted them but on set up the levers went straight to the bars.Its like they havent been bled at all :(
In fact theres fluid pissing out the rear at the hose joint,so maybe not torqued enough :?

Thats a bummer Andy, was the same when i put my Hope brakes in to get serviced, was left dissapointed :roll: , ended up doing then myself, guy in question is a nice guy and excellent wheelbuilder but rubbish with brakes IMO.

Crap weather here too. Glad I got out thursday night after work. Only a wee blast on the 29er but good to get dirt under wheels.
Today fitted 50mm stem to mojo hd. Got it cheap off singletrack as an experiment. Test ride up and down drive and it felt a bit odd. Current 80mm a bit too long but maybe 50 is a bit short. Proper test ride will tell. Need to try and find a cheap 65mm as middle ground.

Back