And today I did......

Today I took delivery of the frame for my el cheapo 29er.
Decathlon Triban 5 trail which is a modernish e-stay with disc mounts. Seems to have enough clearance for 29er tyres but might be a bit too roady for off road but we'll see. Next job is find some forks to go with it though that'll need to wait untill payday. :cool:

dyna-ti":1cjkl1pv said:
Those 'bings' look my cup of tea Alex.so much better than that twisty turny s/t that normally gets picked.
It looks more like the fast and flowing a non techy type run like me loves :D
The ground despite the wet still looks pretty firm to ride on :? Are triples a necessity for there :?

The start of the first vid could have had 'im on my way to amarillo' as the score. :LOL:

They are great to ride Andy, rode them on the drum brake Klunker when i was there, had a great time, even when i was upside down using my face as a brake :LOL:

bings.jpg

Will need to get back there with the DH8 :)

Got a very new-looking Fox Alps 5 to go on the xchox - good news is that it's the right size, bad news is that I need a new bolt to get it to actually fit, so off to ebay I go. With any luck I'll actually get to ride that bike soon, it's only been about 2 years after all.

Tuned up the gears on the club roost ahead of a ride tomorrow. Generally pondered if all these bikes are worth it. Wouldn't I be better off selling them all then getting 1 or 2 modern bikes? Then I think I'd never be able to let them go for what they'd be worth to someone else, and the whole circle begins again... I probably just need to ride more and think less.

Rumble":1ivrezed said:
Generally pondered if all these bikes are worth it. Wouldn't I be better off selling them all then getting 1 or 2 modern bikes? Then I think I'd never be able to let them go for what they'd be worth to someone else, and the whole circle begins again... I probably just need to ride more and think less.

No.......Yes.......No.......Yes/Yes :LOL:

Tazio":3nc6yt7m said:
Today I'm going to get back onto solid food. The last two days have been a diet based on beer and pies.

:LOL: well done!

Back