And today I did......

Quick roadie blast: flat->Arthurs seat->3 laps of the park->flat in an hour dead. GPS says 1100ft of climbling and 13.55 average mph. Not much but it is the first day of my week off and now I can say I left the flat today.

Taking stuff to the postoffice today i spots a pile of offroad tyres down the end of the road.
As i rode up to them i could see they were maxix and the like. :D
Unfortunately someone was cleaning out their van and they were going back in again
I was very disappointed :( :LOL:

Ive got a '97' Kona frame, yeah a Kona :shock:
Its supposed to have thread less forks whats your view about fitting
threaded forks instead?

Got my nos 94/5 hope disc wheel with nos citron mavic rim even came with the docs, a mag21 calliper and price tag/stock label on the back of the mirror like rotor.

Sometimes eBay is good to me :LOL:

Got some new (to me) bars for the Dialled. I was going to fit a pair of Luv Handles but thought I'd try a pair of wide bars, they're 710mm syncros low rise chaps. Ebay bargain.

Also started fettling the Kona King for 10UTB. A full 4 days early!! Hopefully fixed the draggy front brake and trued the front wheel a bit, will give the back a tune too. Might whip the drivetrain off for a deep clean as well. Tis a bit mucky. Then a bit of spit and polish and I'm good too go!

Popped the front wheel off the rockhopper tonight, gave it a clean and tweaked the axle to get it running smooth. Popped the nuts expecting cup, cones and loose ball bearings, pleasantly surprised to see sealed bearings instead. Lifted the seals, still plenty of grease so re-assembled and nipped back up not quite so tight. Spins fine now with no play.

Latest posts

Back