And today I did......

I had the origin8 gary bar on the Ku for the C2C2C felt nice, I thought you were buying a Planet X?

I didn't realise I had said that out loud :) it is playing on my mind - I can only buy it if I sell the BMX - How is your one? seems such a bargain at the moment (£250 for frame and forks) I was even tempted to just buy the forks and fit them to my Xizang :) but I think a rear brake might be needed on the downhills :)

Amazing value for money, but everyone says that :LOL: Naw a very nice bike. not pretty but the performance is outstanding, you could get lighter for cheaper by going to China direct but not by much. They are amazingly stiff through the chainstay, every rev feels like its purely ending up at the rear wheel but its by far the comfiest bike I've been on. Nice modern geometry for a more upright position.

I reckon you be better going for it than trying to make the Gazzelle fit you. It disnae seem like you and it were meant to be. And a lesson learned from me do it sooner rather than later and get used to the bike, otherwise you'll be crippled doing the etape.

The Giant road bike needs to go on a diet. It's very much entry level so just about everything is ripe for upgrading. So far I'm going to swap over the chainset and BB from the sunn roader - oldish Ultegra and 105 octalink BB going on in place of some Truvativ square taper thingies. Also got a spare Tiagra mech to replace the bottom of the line shimano one. The brakes are ding, so I'll upgrade them at some point but I'm looking for more bang for my buck just now.

Is there a better way to spend £180 than swapping out the stock wheels and chromo fork for these?
http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/FOPXPCR2/planet_x_pro_carbon_road_fork__version_2
http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/WPPXMODELB/planet_x_model_b_wheelset

Both should be substantial weight savings, really need to weigh what you've got first though. I have both those items, no probs with either, the wheels are on my CX bike.

I don't think I can get a decent carbon fork any cheaper, it's not much more than used ones go for on ebay, but are there any better deals on wheels around that price-point?

I had an evening of Cotic rebuilding. The Soul is almost finished ber the decals. In fact I'm not sure I want to put decals on it. I'll try and get some photos on Saturday and you can help me decide.
I'm really pleased how it's turned out. Very retro looking, fillet brazed straight rigid forks of my own design and making, polished silver parts, flat bars, 9 speed thumbies and a brown saddle. Looks early 70's. Powder came out great. It a semi gloss colour called Pebble Grey. I've renamed it Romanian Racing Beige. Looks cool though.

Also made a start on building up the Bfe. I'm not building a full bike as such... The wheel and tyre package and seatpost and saddle will be robbed out of the Banshee and shared between them. It's a two minute job to swap them between bikes and makes storage a little easier. I just need to find brakes and cranks now to finish off. Hoping to get out on both bikes over the coming weekend.

Si

Back