And today I did......

RobMac":3i6ov4at said:
Aaaaa is mountain board that wheeled board in your avatar?

Yup-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwrpOI7RSPw

Skip to 4.20- tha be me...
Never been known for being sensible
Just getting started organising this years event-http://www.atbauk.org/downhillseries.html
Raced these bloody things for nearly ten years now, best result was 3rd at the DH Worlds in Italy a few years back, Want to do more snowboard racing but there's not many events in Scotland. Did the British Indoor Champs last year and came 3rd in that too, but they've stopped doing them cos it was too pricey to rent the big fridge in Glasgow..

RobMac":2m1kzd12 said:
Aaaaa is mountain board that wheeled board in your avatar?

Dave boarding at big.eck's bings...

4143475407_6b5474cc6d_b.jpg

Cheap mtnboards wobble a fair but, but the one I use is set up very stiff and I use snowboard or hiking boots to get loads of leverage- the board in that video uses 12" Skyway bmx wheels with a set of Hope disc brake and is good for 50+mph- come along to Velo's McKlunker (pics on that thread) and I'll give you a go!

Davedownhill":2cu74hn5 said:
Cheap mtnboards wobble a fair but, but the one I use is set up very stiff and I use snowboard or hiking boots to get loads of leverage- the board in that video uses 12" Skyway bmx wheels with a set of Hope disc brake and is good for 50+mph- come along to Velo's McKlunker (pics on that thread) and I'll give you a go!

This sounds like a recipe for disaster AND Im due to give the Stab its maiden flight that day as well :?

My credit card finger is getting itchy :twisted: and I'm tempted by summat ugly and modern.......

Been scouring the interweb for an ISO standard 1" threadless headset (why the **** does the world need 2 different standards for the same bloody measurement of headset??). All the 1" headsets on CRC are JIP, now awaiting an answer from Jenson USA about Ritchey Logic. I think this place has got to me, I actually enjoy these little challenges now...

Even those two sizes are not that standard. An American inch and a UK inch are sometimes not exactly the same and an italian inch is of course 25.4mm which is seldom that exact. Then theres threadings etc, there is only an idea of international standards :roll:

The challenge though is definitely part of the fun :LOL:

Back