And today I did......

Walked to work this morning but black ice got me twice as I crossed side roads. Flat on my back in the middle of the road, my sweary words were extreme after the second collision with terra familiar :x

Council had not gritted a bloody thing despite the fact that they now have more salt and gritters than ever before in preperation for the big freeze :roll:

Carron Valley this morning

Went to CV this morning with the Cannondale which I find I'm using more than the Mongoose f/s because it's much lighter.
The trail was in good order considering the amount of rain there's been.

CarronValley02Dec11.jpg

The road up from Kilsyth was another matter , flooded at parts and black ice at others. Interesting !!

They're still working on the car park. I've no idea why cause it was perfectly good as it was and I've never seen more than 4 vehicles in it at any one time.

And new signs have appeared stating there will be a parking fee of £3 !!
I realise thay have to raise funds but £3 !! It takes me 45-50 min to go round the trails so that makes the parking charge more expensive than Glasgow city centre. I'll be parking on the road in future.

Bad luck Rado :( Glad you're OK.and bad luck Velo,glad you're OK too.
Nae luck Hawmaw,looks like you'll have to pay now just to go cycling.I really dislike all these charges they keep imposing,i guess next there will be 'mud' tax where they weigh the bike going in and then leaving. :shock:

I spoke to one of the guys leafleting cars at Glentress about payment/non payment for the parking. Bottom line is the FC can't charge you for parking on their land, so you can choose to pay, or not.

I've never had a problem paying at GT - £3 for at least a half-day's entertainment on some pretty cracking trails (that don't maintain themselves after all) seems reasonably to me.

However, charging the same as GT at CV? A £1 maybe. I suppose I'll buy a ticket every so often.

Agreed on the CV car park too, I thought it was in pretty reasonable shape, they could maybe do with spending the money on fixing the road in/out past the bridge though, it's a pot-holey mess.

velomaniac":3kk0onh3 said:
Walked to work this morning but black ice got me twice as I crossed side roads. Flat on my back in the middle of the road, my sweary words were extreme after the second collision with terra familiar :x

Council had not gritted a bloody thing despite the fact that they now have more salt and gritters than ever before in preperation for the big freeze :roll:

You're obviously not on a "priority route" :D

zigzag":1mc2h0it said:
I've never had a problem paying at GT - £3 for at least a half-day's entertainment on some pretty cracking trails (that don't maintain themselves after all) seems reasonably to me.

I did'nt even know there was a parking charge :shock: , have the same view though and will pay next time i'm there.

£3 is a bit much for CV though.

Outside the Bristol Zoo, in England, there is a parking lot for 150 cars and 8 coaches, or buses.

It was manned by a very pleasant attendant with a ticket machine charging cars 1 pound (about $1.40) and coaches 5 (about $7).

This parking attendant worked there solid for all of 25 years. Then, one day, he just didn't turn up for work.

"Oh well", said Bristol Zoo Management - "we'd better phone up the City Council and get them to send a new parking attendant..."

"Err ... no", said the Council, "that parking lot is your responsibility."

"Err ... no", said Bristol Zoo Management, "the attendant was employed by the City Council, wasn't he?"

"Err ... NO!" insisted the Council.

Sitting in his villa somewhere on the coast of Spain, is a bloke who had been taking the parking lot fees, estimated at 400 pounds (about $560) per day at Bristol Zoo for the last 25 years. Assuming 7 days a week, this amounts to just over 3.6 million pounds ($7 million).

And no one even knows his name.

:D Good story. Can't help feeling I should have heard it before , but I haven't.

I agree that £3 is ok for Gt and I always pay but , yes , £1 would be ok for Cv

Back