And today I did......

RobMac":8ayw9fll said:
Outside the Bristol Zoo, in England, there is a parking lot for 150 cars and 8 coaches, or buses.

It was manned by a very pleasant attendant with a ticket machine charging cars 1 pound (about $1.40) and coaches 5 (about $7).

This parking attendant worked there solid for all of 25 years. Then, one day, he just didn't turn up for work.

"Oh well", said Bristol Zoo Management - "we'd better phone up the City Council and get them to send a new parking attendant..."

"Err ... no", said the Council, "that parking lot is your responsibility."

"Err ... no", said Bristol Zoo Management, "the attendant was employed by the City Council, wasn't he?"

"Err ... NO!" insisted the Council.

Sitting in his villa somewhere on the coast of Spain, is a bloke who had been taking the parking lot fees, estimated at 400 pounds (about $560) per day at Bristol Zoo for the last 25 years. Assuming 7 days a week, this amounts to just over 3.6 million pounds ($7 million).

And no one even knows his name.

Sorry to spoil it but its an urban myth

Went to The Ben Nevis Inn at Fort William to collect the seatpost I left there last week :LOL:

Then - Xmas shopped with two 10year old boys in FW. Christ that was dire :roll:

Here's a piccy to cheer myself up .......

bianchi064.jpg

:D

Secured some more parts for the Ibis, coming together alot quicker than I expected. Now have wheels, front mech, skewers, bars, pedals and have almost got roller cams and shifters and I've got my eye on a post and tyres. In the process of ordering the materials for the stem too ;)

Nipped along the canal to Muiravonside park again today. Puddles, puncture, broken right hand shifter, mud, more mud, fall in mud (x2), headwind, tired, numb toes and fingers.

Had to hose down my shorts and leggings as well as the bike. Lovely.

Bit annoyed at the SRAM x-5 shifter though - return spring broken on the downshift lever.

zigzag":k8p2wces said:
Nipped along the canal to Muiravonside park again today. Puddles, puncture, broken right hand shifter, mud, more mud, fall in mud (x2), headwind, tired, numb toes and fingers.

Bit annoyed at the SRAM x-5 shifter though - return spring broken on the downshift lever.

i'm really sorry but that made me laugh :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

i have a sram x4 or x5 right hand 9 speed shifter you can have , i don't want nowt for it as i'm not into sram trigger shifters :?

now i think about it , i think it is an x5 one :LOL:

big.eck":j1p4ziq5 said:
zigzag":j1p4ziq5 said:

i'm really sorry but that made me laugh :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

i have a sram x4 or x5 right hand 9 speed shifter you can have , i don't want nowt for it as i'm not into sram trigger shifters :?

now i think about it , i think it is an x5 one :LOL:
mental, I knew I should have went out on my bike yesterday! cheers big fella, appreciate it. looks like another trip to the shed of eck is in order!

Back