And today I did......

Had Evans come round to work today as part of the cycle to work scheme and set up a BMC Street racer SR02 on a turbo trainer for us to have a play on and see how fast we could work up to. I got a max of 45.5 mph mate got 49.5 mph and someone got 50.5mph :eek:

Hard lession learned today. Stay on the main roads and avoid parks and local bike routes. Just had nice 6-7 meters slide on black ice at full speed. Gutted as my fancy gore oversoe is destroyed and my top and pant sleeve is ripped :evil:

Bollocks! As long as you and bike are OK. I heard on the radio main roads are not much better though - I think 15 crashes reported by Lanarkshire police this morning.

Be careful out there people...

Aye, me and my bike are fine, that's a positive note. Well, there will be some bruises and skin tears but that's not bad at all.

I did the same thing last year. Happily zooming along snow covered cycle paths that are old railway lines, then I discovered the parts under bridges had dripped water onto the snow and frozen into mini ice rinks.

Luckily my pride was hurt most.

Thats a pisser Rado. At least you aren't under a bus or owt. Last year or the year before I did the same on a deserted country lane at 05:30am, got to thinking that if I had hurt myself nobody would find me for hours!

Glad you are ok Rado, but it could have been far worse if you had the same accident on the road.

Loads of frost on the way in for me too but my only injury was brain freeze due to the retraction my hair line has made this year - time for winter head gear.

Back