And today I did......

Dont get all humpty at this comment velo, realistically how many driving lessons would you really need? your driving a car now anyway, i recon you could get by with only a few before going for the test, non? One of the best things I ever did ;)

Nah - you need something retro and classic :cool:

Like this......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-_Hmjgjn7c

:D

velomaniac":3l8c7bbl said:
Yes,yes I know, really cool and all that but its a car not a heavy quad as my tupperware vehicle is classed :roll:

Anyhoo i cant drive a Smart car in normal mode as its a car not a heavy quad.

Hyabusa, ZXR1100 and V-Max bike engines have all been grafted into Reliants. Occasionally you see them on ebay but I suspect the insurance would be iffy :roll:

velomaniac":ibigecnh said:
I have decided that I point blank refuse to scrap a car with 12 months MOT and Tax purely because one, admittedly important, component is kaput. The scrappy is not getting it for near nowt and then selling on the components for pure profit. Its going back on my drive untill I raise more funds tied up in stuff around my house I should've ebayed ages ago :oops:

How did you manage to get 12 months MOT on a car thats been laid up for the last 6 months :?

mikee":1q142sqy said:
thought it was gonna be a messerschmit bubble car
you can get a bike in one too

I know someone who does these as a kit car. takes a Piagg0 125/180 engine fit malossi tuning kits to and it'll be good for nearly a tonne or send it way to a certain scoter tunning shop and get the engine back producing nearly 30bhp lots of fun!

Anyhoo's seen the inside of BMI Ross Hall knee now fixed 3 weeks til I'm bike worthy :)

Gearbox is dodgy and going to fail but it still functions, just and so car can be driven, everything else works perfectly. The vehicle must be safe to drive and at point of test is. They serviced it and tested it and thus it passed. Then they attempted to fix the gear selector which was the original problem I wanted sorted. They couldn't get it to work and investigated the oil levels to which they discovered little oil and bits of metal. Further investigation suggested the gears were not meshing correctly and a failure was probably imminent :(
They are not taking the piss, I was suspicious of it too as it would sometimes jump out of gear with resultant horrible noises. All the forums that mention this gearbox say its fragile if oil levels are not scrupulously monitored and once it makes horrible noises stop using it otherwise it may seize. I will keep a close eye on oil levels in a new one. Look after it well and it can last as long as any car gearbox, it just does not cope with neglect.

Top up gearbox oil, put on ebay, punt problem on to new buyer? Now might be the time to sell it with a 12 month ticket?

Back on topic, today I got a shiny new (new :shock:) SRAM cassette. Shame it'll be ground down into a grimy wreck all too soon. I like SRAM cassettes, very reasonable money and well thought out, they have slightly taller teeth than Shimano so are less likely to skip although I doubt most would notice this :)

Back