And today I did......

Trailers are so handy,id love one :D
I use to carry a bottle of gas on my rack when going to the garage to change them over,it was a bit scary having a full blue calor gas cylinder on the back whilst getting home :LOL:

Today I got a new mech for the CX'r, 16quid for a as new 105 long cage rear :D

old_coyote_pedaller":28s03oy5 said:
I remember the hell of the climb out of Port Askaig dragging this dead weight up it. Got off at top and I couldn't stand up, any normal person would have gotten off and pushed but a friend had said before we went that I'd not get up the hill. :shock:

Cue someone now posting that the climb is a piece of pish. :oops:

The hill outta Port Askaig has been dramatically reprofiled in the last few years :D

Probably easier now than it was decades ago - still a bugger tho'

;)

Been playing with maguras today. Got a front and rear set functioning well, both now have mounts as well. Does anyone know if it's possible to fit the calipers to frame and fork without the use of a brace? There seems to be a heap of options for mounting and i'm not sure which one I have :?

not sure rumble...

today I fell off the bike and now have a fecking sore hand and side, slippy leaves on the road :evil: however the ying to that yang is killie did over the jambo's (again) so that an the pills are dulling the pain.

Mr Panda":ctvjc2i2 said:
old_coyote_pedaller":ctvjc2i2 said:
Cue someone now posting that the climb is a piece of pish. :oops:

The hill outta Port Askaig has been dramatically reprofiled in the last few years :D

Probably easier now than it was decades ago - still a bugger tho'

;)

Oi, it wasn't decades ago, it was only, well almost a decade and a half.
Just been on Google and I see they've been busy, that's quite a bit different from when we were there. Glad they left the garden in front of the Port Askaig Hotel.
What a view from there across to Jura. :cool:

Just remembered we were back there 9 years ago when our youngest was 2 but it was Port Ellen we landed at and left from.
Visited the Ardbeg Distillery one day, it was an "interesting" ride back through Port Ellen to the cottage we were staying at Lower Cragabus. Me, pished? Not at all. :D :oops:

Rumble":1lftot1l said:
Been playing with maguras today. Got a front and rear set functioning well, both now have mounts as well. Does anyone know if it's possible to fit the calipers to frame and fork without the use of a brace? There seems to be a heap of options for mounting and i'm not sure which one I have :?

Ive always been under the impression that a brace was optional if your frame/forks flexed to much during braking.

At least you got out Gazz - Fell asleep this afternoon and missed a left hand Tiagra brifter that went for £8.

Damn you old age *shakes walking stick*

That was my impression too, but i'm not entiely sure where the wee "horns" go in relation to the seatstays or fork brace. There doesn't seem to be room to fit them on the inside...

Back