And today I did......

Today, without even trying, I seem to have bought a set of magura rim brakes :LOL:

Velo's sending me a front brake with a duff mount, and I've just paid for a set from the for sale section with a good rear brake and a front with a duff lever, so hopefully there's a working set in there between them.

This marks a return to me spening money on bike parts I don't really need, and I'd been doing so well. If they arrive in time and I can sort them out then they'll go on the mongoose for the tour.

jeezus rob , thats an off road tourer ,winter tourer and now an HGV MTB
tourer , how niech are you ?

I had my first trundle with the Bob Yak today I kid you not you could forget its there. Occasionally you can hear the wheel bounce ratatat when its empty but loaded its silent :shock: So far it can carry 6 packs of beer am gonna try and see how many fish suppers & how much Irn Bru it can carry next :LOL:

RobMac":mm7v6y1p said:
I had my first trundle with the Bob Yak today I kid you not you could forget its there. Occasionally you can hear the wheel bounce ratatat when its empty but loaded its silent :shock: So far it can carry 6 packs of beer am gonna try and see how many fish suppers & how much Irn Bru it can carry next :LOL:

Wait till it's loaded up.;)
When our oldest daughter was 2 (14 years ago) we went to Islay on holiday to tour with our bikes (MTB's). We borrowed a 2-wheeled trailer, the type where 2 toddlers can sit side by side, which was loaded to bursting point with all our camping gear, food, etc., my wife had our daughter on the back of her bike. I remember the hell of the climb out of Port Askaig dragging this dead weight up it. Got off at top and I couldn't stand up, any normal person would have gotten off and pushed but a friend had said before we went that I'd not get up the hill. :shock:

Cue someone now posting that the climb is a piece of pish. :oops:

Anyway, where do you plan to go with your artic, Rob? :)

"Anyway, where do you plan to go with your artic, Rob?"

The far north beckons but not this year, just now Im getting tooled up for summit MEGA :twisted:

I used to have a 2 wheeled cargo trailer. Once I loaded it with 3 complete bikes and pulled them to the bike station in Edinburgh. Going down Liberton Brae was scary, the bike I was riding barely had the brakes to stop me regardless of a trailer with 3 gas pipe special bikes :LOL:
Trailers are dead useful though and the Bob Yak is one of the best ;)

Back