And today I did......

Tonight, i serviced two scew on freehubs, well not really serviced so to speak, just poured oil into them and spun them round a bit- i love this old school no tools service thang :cool:

Just back from the police station, where I inspected my newly recovered jeep. They've made a fair old mess of the steering column, all the trim is gone, wires are a mess and will need a new ignition barrel; and there's a lovely hole where there used to be a lock in the passenger side door.

The good news is that it shouldn't cost much to fix, and the only things missing from inside are a couple of manky old sunglasses and a hat (seriously, who steals a hat? Did love that hat though...). Apparently my stereo and CDs aren't even worth stealing - checky feckers!

On a bike related note, my shock pump was still in the boot too!

Thats a relief :)

I've had 4 motorbikes stolen in the past, 2 I got back with minimum damage thankfully, of the other 2 one was torched and the other was never seen again. Getting it back with repairable damage is much more preferable ;)

As Velo says at least you got it back with repairable damage. Have a check over the suspension and tyres to make sure there's no damage.

I had a VW Scirocco stolen when I lived Burntisland, got it back the next day dumped at Seafield in Kirkcaldy. The arse who stole used it to transport the stuff he'd been nicking from other cars in Burntisland. A climbing mate who was in CID told me later that they'd caught him.

Like your's there was damage to wiring/steering lock and door handle, and starter. Think when he wired it, he'd jammed the starter on when he got it going then drove all the way to Kirkcaldy with it like that.

I was very lucky because all my tools plus a gallon of petrol :shock: were in the boot. Got the tools back and he didn't torch it.

I think being tight did me a favour - there was so little petrol left in the tank that it never even made it out of Edinburgh!

old_coyote_pedaller":2ahtwsqy said:
I had a VW Scirocco.....

I had one too - loved that old beast '89 1.8 GT... I miss the Rocco

Wife then child then Seat Leon.. :(

Got overtaken by a roady-bikery boy today... why did I feel the urge to race him thereafter?! I beat him though! Go me! I don't think he was racing... does that still count as a win?

JP :oops:

I've had 4 Sciroccos, 1 MK1 and 3 MK2s. Both the MK2s had the 1.8Inj engine (GTX and Scala).

My mate still has his MK2 Scirocco Scala with 1.8Inj engine, off road at the moment. It's a G-reg and it's got no rust at all. Great cars.

I'm in the process (long drawn out) of rebuilding a Corrado 1.8 16V.
Very tempted to take my mates Scirocco off his hands, he's offered it to me for nothing, till I finish :oops: Corrado.

Back