And today I did......

Tazio":2nsspobo said:
Decided to throw a few bits at the Sunn. Bloody non drive side cup is only going so far in before it stops. Now I'm scared to force it, in case I bugger the thread on the frame.

And it was all going so well :cry:

andy at eastsidebikes has the taps and will re-thread the bb for £50 , he done ma san andreas and it's held very well so far (and i've gave it some abuse :oops: )

Rumble":1rit5ov7 said:
Good call Kaiser, I've always found that that if you sit down with a beer a solution with present itself.

Indeed, I'm just off for another :D

Find a steel cup and work it in and out with plenty of lube/anti sieze. Don't be too greedy though and if you can chase the threads with a pointy thing.

Failing that get one of those YST cartridge BB's that thread to its own cups not the frame. Useful if the frames threads are damaged and as cheap as a tenner from some sources.

Tazio":1h3t8j3t said:
big.eck":1h3t8j3t said:
FIFTY BUCKS!!

Christ that's what the frame cost. I reckon he'll do it cheaper as it's only about an inch needing threaded on one side, it goes in so far and then there's a damaged thread that I don't want to force past.

I'll pop in on Monday and have a chat.

£50 will re-thread it with helicoils is what i ment to say :LOL:

Went round craufurdland today, lasted an hour before knee failure stopped play. There was a lot of rain last night so it is a bit boggy in parts but I suppose its not going to get better before next may :LOL: Big wheels handled the roots well allowed me to keep seated and that helped me last as long as i did. You still going in the week hawmaw? Can take you round wed night crud, if you fancy getting muddy, indeed anyone else fancy a we midweek spin?

had one of those rides today that just gets better, shed turned up at 10 ish and after coffee and some garage spanner twirrling on his LTS DH
we decided to go and do a bit of trail maintenance , after the recent
complaints from velo and ZZ :LOL:

so off we went , single speeds being the weapon of choice ,setting the
precedent for the coming winter months
bit of pruning later ,we blasted (really) over to hairy hole woods (really)
and then onto the bridalpath that flows down to the dual carrigeway
thru balbirnie woods ,past some strange bloke with a clipboard who
wandered into the undergrowth as we approached :?
up the road to kirkforthar woods where we met 2 nice ladies on great big horses doing an orienteering type thing ,explains the weirdy in balbirnie
we then decided to go up the east lomond , so we set off thru the gorse bushes and onto the a92 , where rob mac passed us at about 110
we then started the ascent to the radio mast , a bit of a push on a s/s
but conquered non-the less , radiomast singletrack descent ,shed "flattened a small tree " his words ,then had another gracefull dis-mount just at the deer gate , most amusing ,and very
gracefull :LOL:
down down and into beercan alley , top bit of tree lined singletrack ,
next we had a majorette demo from shed with his genesis as a baton
:LOL: :LOL:
bit more mud and down hill wetness and home

the phrase "cannae be arsed" was bandied around early morning
glad i could be arsed tho not enjoyed meself so much since friday

Back