And today I did......

dyna-ti":37mf4i61 said:
Any pics or links Taz?

Just the link from the sale thread. You can see that the chain stay has had a repair at some point. I've not taken the forks though as I want to use something a bit nicer than Rock Shox Indy for it.

The frame looks in pretty good order though apart from the usual damage to the sticker on the top tube. I'm not sure if they are rindable though. I may need to pick Rumble's mind for that one. I'm planning XT for the components as the original was a mix of Grip Shift, Alivio and Avid.

Looks absolutely gorgeous :D A great shape to it.
A wee repair maybe :?but it doesnt look like it will cause any problems
Good find i'd say :D

Looks like it will take a pretty wide tyre :?

Nipped out for a farewell 20 miler on Kaiser's Allez after work, gave it a wee wash and took my pedals, saddle, etc off - now ready to return to chiefy at the weekend.

dyna-ti":1havvtq2 said:
clockworkgazz":1havvtq2 said:
does anyone have any experiance of a soft tail, is it in the same realm as a flex stem- takes out a bit of buzz, or is pretty usefull? Looks cool which is all that counts in retro land anyway :LOL:

Probably not dissimilar to an early pro-flex :?

Yeah, the early Pro Flex was more soft tail than full susser (mid 90's ones were different though), i had a 752, had rigid forks up front with a Flexstem, 1" travel at best, it really did just take the buzz out of the trails, went from that to a Trek 9500 which was like a spacehopper in comparison :LOL:

RobMac":a0maxxhh said:
I woke up this morning to find Alf (ma dug) had been sick all over the living room its taken me 3 hours to clean up, Im off to the tip with the settee and a rug. Ive had him 5 years and hes never done that before EVER :(

Try moving a settee covered in sick on your own while manoeuvring round valuable Retro spares every where :?

Thank f@ck for disposable gloves!

Every cloud has a silver lining I dumped the settee and its freed up a bike assembly area :D

Back