And today I did......

Rumble":3tghjx48 said:
Welcome to the Sunn family Taz, never had a softail but always liked the look of them, just not seen one in my size - yet. The other Sunns I have ride really nicely. I think the "shock" is just an elastomer so shouldn't be too tricky to sort out.

The sale described it as seized but as you say it's just an elastomer so hopefully it should be a case of some penetrating oil and a new elastomer.

Pretty chuffed though as I've wanted one for ages. very cool bikes.

Bullpup":1gt42q2n said:
zigzag":1gt42q2n said:
Tazio":1gt42q2n said:
A Sunn soft tail. With a seized tail. Potential there though.
Funky, always liked idea of a soft tail.

Won a 152mm Fox Float RL for the Moho this morning - £31. Huzzah for me!

You got it? Excellent
I did BP, thanks for the tip!

Went quite cheap, possibly because it ended today and it's not the more usual 165mm. As well as being the right size for the Moho, should save a bit of weight too.

does anyone have any experiance of a soft tail, is it in the same realm as a flex stem- takes out a bit of buzz, or is pretty usefull? Looks cool which is all that counts in retro land anyway :LOL:

You hit the nail on the head Gaz, softails take out trail buzz, 1" travel would be absolute max on such a bike. i remember Halfords of all places sold KHS soft tails at the back end of the 90's ;)

clockworkgazz":11lfnfyy said:
does anyone have any experiance of a soft tail, is it in the same realm as a flex stem- takes out a bit of buzz, or is pretty usefull? Looks cool which is all that counts in retro land anyway :LOL:

Its like riding with a slightly under inflated big volume tyre on the back :?

clockworkgazz":31sx7ffb said:

Probably not dissimilar to an early pro-flex :?

clockworkgazz":199ayw7s said:
I had a proflex beast but that had a proper rear swing arm, never had one of the rear elastomer types- did you DT?

Er...No,but i used to ride with a guy who did,i had a go a few times and it was a bit like having a flexy stem for your arse :LOL:
Not being or having ridden a full sus i cant compare the 2 :?

Back