And today I did......

jimihendrix":2jufdedk said:
velomaniac":2jufdedk said:
Jimi, how far are the Braes from central Paisley, if I came along I'd probably take the train ;)

About two miles, Sunday was mentioned but could maybe re-schedule to Saturday if it makes traveling easier, no problem for me but will need to see if Saturday suits Rado.
Could be up for a trundle this weekend, Stumpy needs a pre C2C shakedown ride.

1600hours
DSCF2687.jpg

1605hours
DSCF2692.jpg

1655hours
DSCF2689.jpg

:LOL:

now just have to clear up and then do the Big Booga at the bottom of the hill :twisted:

yo da man panda

i tried the crawl along the top of the hedge thing
needs more thought

i'm okay ,the lawn mower broke my fall :roll:

I wish there was a nice silver BMW hiding in my hedge...

After an ebay/wine moment last night, it would appear I am now the owner of an early 90s carbon and aluminium lugged frame :) Cheap winter project...

zigzag":2qcgu5d0 said:

After an ebay/wine moment last night, it would appear I am now the owner of an early 90s carbon and aluminium lugged frame :) Cheap winter project...

sounds interesting

mikee":zl0twaij said:
zigzag":zl0twaij said:

sounds interesting
it might be if I can get the paint off the carbon... :D

Today I discovered that when someone gives you an old bike and says its a bit knackered I should sort the problems before riding it :roll: :roll:

Took my old Peugeot Normandie out for a spin, bad chain slip as chain is stretched too much, chainrings are badly worn and then a rear drive side spoke snapped :( Bottom brackets probably on the way out too :roll:

Time for a rebuild thinks me :LOL:

Friend of mine will build me a new rear touring wheel though so I think I'll go for the recommended strength build. 36 spoke 3 cross spoke build with plain gauge spokes on the drive side and double butted on the non drive side. That should hold up well :cool:

zigzag":1zn1lvf1 said:
mikee":1zn1lvf1 said:
zigzag":1zn1lvf1 said:

sounds interesting
it might be if I can get the paint off the carbon... :D

pics /links ............

Latest posts

Back